PDA

View Full Version : Golf TDI mk3 problems

capmen10
03-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I became the proud owner of a TDI estate N reg about a month ago. It had been in the same family from new and has a FSH from the VW garage.

During this week my central locking stopped working and dashboard started clicking and the clock reset itself. As I had to go to work I let my brother check the fuses, which he did, he found a blown fuse and replaced it. Everything worked OK again. What I am worried about is that he said he took out some of the relays- can they be put back in the wrong socket? I have had a look and it appears that they are unique- is that right?

Two days ago the car wouldn't start, when it did they were clouds of smoke and the cars performance has gone down hill, it feels as though the turbo isn't kicking in- does this sound like a broken turbo/MAF or anything else and could it be related to the relays in anyway?

The oil change flashes up on display now, is this triggered by mileage or a sensor knowing it needs changing and could it be anything to do with the poor start up and performance.

Sorry for such a long first post but from being really happy with the car to being frustrated.

Thanks,

Mark