PDA

View Full Version : New B7 Highline RNS-315 won't read SDHC cards...

P Adams
06-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Hi all

I have tried to format two 4gb Sandisk SDHC class 6 cards on my iMac, running Snow Leopard, with FAT format through the Disc Utility app

Both seemed ok, so I continued to copy over some AAC music files from my iTunes library to the cards, with a view to letting my wife listen to them in her new B7 Highline

When I loaded them using the SD card slot in the front of the 315's fascia, all I got was 'Error : SD Card'. All the music files are loose on the card and not in folders. I even tried saving MP3 versions of the Apple Lossless original

I've read quite a few forums answers but can't work out what I'm doing wrong. The cards are fine as they work flawlessly in our Nikon DSLR cameras

Any thoughts please...

Guest 2
06-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Have you tried a different card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Adams
06-08-2013, 11:03 PM
No Chris, I haven't yet. I thought as both cards worked in my camera and they were both slightly different write speeds of the same 4gb card, one might work

I suppose I should try a different manufacturer and size of card? Maybe even a non HC card. The latest firmware was loaded onto the RNS-315 when we bought the car last week

mjhamilton
07-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Have you tried a different music format? AAC depending on the class can come in many forms and you may be using something the audi cannot use

Use eac with lame or even the native music system on the mac to create a single mp3 file to see if this plays

P Adams
07-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks mj

Yes I have tried an MP3 version from the Apple Lossless files I created from the original CDs. Also the car is a Passat and not an Audi - don't know if that adds to the problem:confused:

mjhamilton
07-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Hmmm not sure about that system

As above you are using an SDHC card and I know my audi mmi won't read these (a 2005 rns-e) so I have to use standard sd cards with less than 400 files and 1 or 2 gb in size

Check the manual as it will clearly state these limitations if they are there

P Adams
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
I think I've cracked it:biglaugh:

My iMac was formatting the card as EXFAT and not the 'basic' MS DOS FAT. I tried reformatting and dropping some MP3 tracks onto the card, went out to my wife's new car and the card worked. Now to see if AAC files work in folders...

mjhamilton
07-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Nice one