PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Castrol Edge on Ebay

boom1
04-08-2013, 06:15 PM
4L of Castrol Edge delivered for £22 on fleabay. Castrol Edge Fully Synthetic 5W30 Engine Oil (4 Litre) | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-Edge-Fully-Synthetic-5W30-Engine-Oil-4-Litre-/231009883148?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item35c943140c)

s7gpt
04-08-2013, 08:38 PM
bought some ;)

Redcar01
04-08-2013, 09:00 PM
hi. Is this the only oil for a A4 MY2012 2.0 Tdi, or is there cheaper same spec. How much does a A4 take to do an oil change ? can anybody do the oil change ? does the dealer have to do it and can I provide the oil to dealer ? Any idea on price of oil change from dealer Thanks.

boom1
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
hi. Is this the only oil for a A4 MY2012 2.0 Tdi, or is there cheaper same spec. How much does a A4 take to do an oil change ? can anybody do the oil change ? does the dealer have to do it and can I provide the oil to dealer ? Any idea on price of oil change from dealer Thanks.
It is the oil which an Audi garage would use (possibly in the form of Quantum, the non-retail brand of Castrol)
I think the A4 is about uses about 4.85L. Dealer would charge at least £10/L. There is nothing to stop you supplying the oil to a dealer, some may be a bit funny (as you are depriving them of a nice little earner!) but just go elsewhere.

gupsterg
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Good link :fing02: , just bought 12L for myself :cool: as currently just doing oil change on my car with Quantum which was £60 for 10L ...

Redcar01
04-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Does it affect my warranty if I have my old garage who I trust do an oil change on my Audi A4, I have 2 years free servicing with Audi so I don't want it to affect that

Guest 2
05-08-2013, 06:07 AM
If you have a free service then get Audi to change the oil of get a combined oil and inspection service.

gupsterg
05-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Chris do/would Audi free servicing be only doing oil change when a due? ie mileage/time and not on request :confused: ...

So perhaps Redcar01 is thinking of taking advantage of low oil price and getting an oil change done now between intervals? :dunno: ...

Guest 2
05-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Chris do/would Audi free servicing be only doing oil change when a due? ie mileage/time and not on request :confused: ...

So perhaps Redcar01 is thinking of taking advantage of low oil price and getting an oil change done now between intervals? :dunno: ...

I was only stating if he has free services then why would he get someone else to do it?

Fair enough take advantage of the cheap oil, who wouldn't.

Redcar01
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Confused here... My MMI says oil change in 82 day and service in 213 days so i assume I pay for oil change then Audi do service under free service. Can i pay non Audi to do my oil change as i would buy the Edge on offer then pay local garage

Guest 2
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Check your Terms and Conditions of your service plan or ring them up.

Oil change is simply what it says, service is combined oil and filter (air, pollen etc).

Audi may class an Oil Change as a service, so ring them and check either way.

gupsterg
05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I was only stating if he has free services then why would he get someone else to do it?

I think your missing my point, what if terms & conditions state oil change/service will be done as per manufacturer guidelines thus he can't request an oil change when he pleases. So if he is between intervals of say time or mileage they may say sorry sir your not due one, so I thought he's asking if I buy oil and go get it done at indi will my service plan be void?

Confused here... My MMI says oil change in 82 day and service in 213 days so i assume I pay for oil change then Audi do service under free service. Can i pay non Audi to do my oil change as i would buy the Edge on offer then pay local garage

If you are on free servicing I would think oil change would be part of plan but like Chris has said you need to ring dealer as T&C of plan could vary depending on type of plan. I know my local dealer does their own group plans on servicing if you wish to buy.

Lukenkarl
13-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Quick offer that. Now its £32

gupsterg
13-08-2013, 07:29 PM
OMG! and to think I got 3 x 4L delivered for £65 and@ current price be only 8L :( ...

TBH this was my 1st purchase of Castrol in 2yrs due to them being less quantity/more £ than Quantum, which I've been using past 2yrs :) ...

It's mental how Quantum is Castrol but rebadged!

Adrian James
24-08-2013, 10:11 PM
this is a simple one. its an earner for the dealers, without forums us common people would never know.

OMG! and to think I got 3 x 4L delivered for £65 and@ current price be only 8L :( ...

TBH this was my 1st purchase of Castrol in 2yrs due to them being less quantity/more £ than Quantum, which I've been using past 2yrs :) ...

It's mental how Quantum is Castrol but rebadged!

Redcar01
28-08-2013, 12:04 AM
My Audi free service is for one intermediate and one major service so do I need to pay for an oil change 180 days before the car needs a service ? can I have it done by an independent will it effect my warranty

Guest 2
28-08-2013, 08:20 AM
If your independant is VAT registered and uses genuine parts then it won't affect your warranty.

Your intermediate is an oil change and major is the oil/inspection change.