PDA

View Full Version : Question Cooling Fan Upgrade

david-prince
03-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi Folks, After a bit of help/info, I have a 58 A4 Avant, I have just fitted the genuine towbar, electrics and also opted for the fan upgrade (actually came free with the genuine towbar) I managed to code the electrics with VCDS thanks to another post on this forum, I also think I have coded the new cooling fan module/engine module. Went into engine module and under long coding helper selected the last byte then under the drop down changed it from 1 continuously fitted fan to 2 continuously fitted fans. this is the only change I can see and it seems to work fine. The question is - is this right or does it need coding by audi to tell it it has a towbar and has the upgraded fans. would ask audi direct but think they would say ' of course it needs a software upgrade sir £££££. Thanks for any info

Zenerdiode
05-08-2013, 03:00 PM
You don't say what engine you have... :(

As well as your 1 - 2 continuously fitted fans, here's what I have found: (all for CDNC 2.0TFSi)

01 - Engine - Byte6 Bit3
03 - Brakes - Byte1 Bit7
09 - Cent. Elect. - Byte18 Bit5
10 - Park Assist - Use short Coding
13 - Adaptive Cruise Control - I've got no information
19 - CAN Gateway - Add Module 69 - Trailer
6C - RearView - Use short coding

david-prince
05-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Its a 2009MY A4 2.0 TDi se, as far as I can see it's all working fine just thought someone out there may be able to confirm this is right, no point upgrading the fans if they don't work right eh?

Zenerdiode
06-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Did you code the other modules listed?

You may also run Output Tests on 01 Engine and run a fan test from there.

david-prince
06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes coded the trailer associated ones when I'd fitted the trailer module, like I say, it all appears to be fine just thought someone on here may be a current Audi tech and would have a definitive answer. Thanks all the same.