PDA

View Full Version : 50th Birthday present Audi A3 Sportback -Misano Red -good choice for a girl about town?

bike1960
01-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I ordered my first Audi in May and am so excited as I went to the AUDI dealer on Monday to see it. Am not picking it up until 1st September as I wanted the 63 plate- its my birth year! My new Audi A3 Sportback is S line 2.0 TDSI in Misano Red with comfort pack, B and O sound system, cruise control, sat nav, heated seats, DAB, non smoking pack. I have deselected the sport/ s line suspension. My 17 year old son who passed his test last year, came to the showroom with me when I had a test ride and eventually ordered it and somehow persuaded me I needed the Misano Red. I think he is hoping it will be his car eventually. I was debating whether to go for a safe colour!! Any way now I have seen it in the 'metal' as it were am pleased that it will be a head turner and stand out from the crowd. Having read some of the forums I noticed a survey of colours that have been chosen by Audi A3 S Line car buyers and it seems Daytona Grey followed by black then white are the most popular. Are there any other girls (ladies) out there who dared to go red? I cant wait to drive my new car and say goodbye to the Nissan Xtrail which we will keep for my husband anyway!

Guest 2
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the forum and happy (early!) birthday!

Seems like an excellent present for yourself so enjoy when it comes. I haven't seen too many Misano 8V's about so you will definitely stand out from the crowd and be unique at the same time ;)

I had a Misano loan car not so long ago and it was very nice indeed but it was a 3door.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Courtesy%20Cars/8VA3/43fda374a18cb37027818b6cc37718b6_zps02ec1ad1.jpg~o riginal

james_tiger_woo
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
An excellent choice of colour - although am not a girl:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QNBNrwgaFr0/Uf9kSdlQ3gI/AAAAAAAAGNw/wSZNXBdUKCk/s800/A3.jpg

Whippy53
12-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Red or dead! It's what my wife will be getting as well, super colour, enjoy!

tlionhart
14-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't think colour really matters. I've seen girls driving all sorts of colours. I've mainly driven white cars, but they are becoming really common now. I think the best colour to have this new A3 in is Misano red or scuba blue. You've made a good choice and will not be disappointed. (My Dad got his in march this year) the previous one was Misano red. (2010 plate sline) decided a change and went for scuba.

chippy1970
16-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi All, we put our deposit down yesterday :D getting a 63 plate sportback (140) in Scuba blue, S line with the comfort pack. Cannot wait, I suddenly thought this morning I better get an insurance quote as its group 21 but luckily it should only be £200 a year Feeewwww!!!What are peoples thoughts on the suspension. Ours was already ordered and the standard sport (not sline) was selected. Sounds like the best compromise rather than the hard S line suspension.

james_tiger_woo
16-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I almost went for that colour myself - It was that, the red or the brown - and I wasn't brave enough for the brown.

I like the SE, it's soft in my opinion (nearly came unstuck because of it recently, but that's another story) - but I had the Golf GT with 18s which was pretty solid. Handling will be improved in corners with the sport, but the SE does me fine.

chippy1970
16-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Just had a call from dealer , they cannot get hold of the car they sold us :)

They did say yesterday they would honour the same price on a factory order so we might have to do that. They do have another in the same spec but no comfort pack so I'd want a few quid off to drop to that one.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2