PDA

View Full Version : passengar door locked

drams
02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
My 53 reg Superb will not unlock the passenger door,either by central locking.the drivers door key or the inside door handle.The silver button does not move up.Any ideas as I cannot see any way of checking for mechanical failure as I cannot open the door.:1zhelp:

Ham
05-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I had the same symptoms on our 02 reg Passat. It had played up for several weeks with the passenger door occasionally not locking/unlocking on the first attempt. Then one day it decided to remain locked.
Unfortunately with the door shut it's impossible to remove the interior panel without damaging it. Luckily for me I eventually managed to get the door to unlock by pulling slightly on the interior handle whilst firing the central locking on/off several times on the keyfob.
I ended up replacing the locking module in the door (approx £90 from VW) and have had no further probs.
Good luck!

drams
06-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks for info Hams.It seems to be a common problem.The door remained locked for at least a week and numerous attempts by both myself and main dealer failed to open it,untill yesterday when it decided to open via the remote key fob.At the present it seems to be working OK(fingers crossed) It was due to be looked at by main dealer next week who could give no idea what it might cost.I think i'll wait and see how it performs in the next few days.Main dealer also said they had not come across this problem before which I find hard to believe :Blush: