PDA

View Full Version : New A4 2.0T Quattro ordered!!

gr4z
30-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi chaps

Ordered a new A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro Stronic Black Edition in Daytona Grey (that's a mouth full!) today from DriveTheDeal.com. After this site's help I have ordered the following extras:

Heated Seats
Hill hold
Tyre monitor
Parking system plus

I didn't bother with the Technology Pack as I couldn't justify the cost when I have a very good SatNav on my phone (tomtom) and neither full leather for the same reason.

For a shade under £30k I think that's a good deal, it's about £7.5k off the RRP without haggling using DtD. Only downside its penciled in for delivery for mid-November and my lease car goes back on 17 October. I am looking at hiring a crappy car or something for the remaining time but that is £450+ for a month...any suggestions?

Now the wait begins. Thanks for you guys help me pick the options.

Cheers

Guest 2
30-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Excellent news, hopefully the time flies in and you're not waiting too long!

DTD and other brokers offer very good prices and for that reason that's why I'm maybe thinking new instead of used when I come to change the car, how have they been?

Re the rental, I think Enterprise and Avis do long term rental with a good discount. A colleague of mine has had an Enterprise car out for the last month now so I'll ask her in the morning if I bump into her about price etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr4z
30-07-2013, 11:08 PM

DTD and other brokers offer very good prices and for that reason that's why I'm maybe thinking new instead of used when I come to change the car, how have they been?

Re the rental, I think Enterprise and Avis do long term rental with a good discount. A colleague of mine has had an Enterprise car out for the last month now so I'll ask her in the morning if I bump into her about price etc.

So far DtD have been fine, they only act as a introducer to a UK dealer somewhere - the dealer then takes over and pays them a small commission. DtD are highly recommended online especially by Honest John from the Telegraph.

If you can get a price for a rent that would be great - thanks!

c.grex
31-07-2013, 12:28 PM
was your dealer far from home?

gr4z
31-07-2013, 01:47 PM
You don't get to choose your dealer - DtD choose it for you based on their best discount. My dealer happens to be Carlisle.

Guest 2
31-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Would it be rude to show Audi the quote from a broker and see if they would match or beat it?

Been thinking of doing this but I think it would be very cheeky!

BEA76
31-07-2013, 01:54 PM
3 years ago , when I bought my A3 I used a DtD quote from a dealer the other end of the country to "negotiate" with my previously less than interested local dealer. Ended up saving over 17% on total deal, well worth it and supported a local dealer too!

gr4z
31-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Would it be rude to show Audi the quote from a broker and see if they would match or beat it?

Not at all - I did this with my local dealer in Peterborough but they couldn't match it. So I just said thanks but no thanks and promptly ordered through DtD. Audi Carlisle have rung and are placing the order for me. I don't really care where the car comes from, after sales is another matter.

neil s
31-07-2013, 02:30 PM

When I ordered my A6 in June I just told the dealer the quote I'd received from Orange Wheels (didn't have a print-out or anything). He went off to talk to his boss for a minute and they agreed to match the price - no fuss at all.

Neil.

gr4z
31-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Have updated the order now with full leather :) couldn't resist in the end!

c.grex
31-07-2013, 03:17 PM
You don't get to choose your dealer - DtD choose it for you based on their best discount. My dealer happens to be Carlisle.

Yes I realized that you don't pick a dealer, just wondered how far they where.

Chris, I just talked about the drive the deal price when I got my new one and they beat it! Business is business, if Carlisle can make money out of it so can any dealer, so always worth a ask.

Carlisle is part of the same group I got my one from (Preston, Blackburn, Carlisle)

gr4z
31-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Well Carlisle is about 240 miles from my house, but the DtD price includes home delivery. Audi Peterborough is only 3 miles down the road so will use them to service it etc...

c.grex
31-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Blackburn is about 20 mins from me so it was handy. When it came to servicing they won't match Preston!? and wanted £40 more. So as it's only 10 mins further to Preston I'm going there.

Guest 2
31-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Chris, I just talked about the drive the deal price when I got my new one and they beat it! Business is business, if Carlisle can make money out of it so can any dealer, so always worth a ask.

Carlisle is part of the same group I got my one from (Preston, Blackburn, Carlisle)

Excellent, I always thought it would be rude to ask them to match it, some bargains to be had!

c.grex
31-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Always Ask:D When I rang preston for a service, he gave me the price and I just replied 'is that your best price?' he knocked £30 off straight away just because I asked!

boom1
31-07-2013, 05:55 PM

Not at all! When I told my two local dealers that I was getting a quote from DtD they both said let us know how much and we'll match it. As it turns out neither could/would come anywhere close (to the tune of £50/month over 4 year PCP), soI ordered from DtD.
Very easy process, zero hassle, zero haggling. My car is now sat waiting patiently in Grimsby awaiting delivery to the dealership.
I have booked a detailer to assess the paintwork and coat in CQuartz Finest at the dealership a day or two prior to me collecting myself on 1 Sep :D.
When I placed the order I did ask the business manager whether free delivery meant on the back of a low loader, or some scrote tearing down the M5 in my new motor. Turns out free delivery is the latter. The business manager (who would have delivered himself) didn't appreciate being called a scrote though:o
I'll reserve full judgement on DtD until I physically have the keys in my hand, but so far so good, and would recommend them.
August is gonna be a long month :(

boom1
31-07-2013, 05:58 PM
PS I vaguely recall in the small print from DtD the only stipulation is that you don't reveal the dealer, but they are generally the very large UK dealerships like Inchcape, Jardines etc.

gr4z
31-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I have booked a detailer to assess the paintwork and coat in CQuartz Finest at the dealership a day or two prior to me collecting myself on 1 Sep :D.

I would be interested in that when mine comes to the UK from factory. Can I ask how much you paid?

boom1
31-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I would be interested in that when mine comes to the UK from factory. Can I ask how much you paid?

I had quotes for £250-450 from the various detailers listed on the Car Pro UK website. CQuartz Finest is only supplied to a Car Pro assessed detailer.
In the end I have gone for a very highly regarded detailer (Russ @ Midlands Car Care) who just happen to be done the road from the dealership.
I've been quoted £275 (for A4 Avant), this includes full safe wash, paint decontamination, clay, cleansing or single stage machine polish dependant on quality of paintwork, 2x coats of CQuartz Finest to paintwork, CQuartz DLUX to alloys, trim and engine bay.
He will spend 8-12 hours on the car at the dealership prior to me picking it up, and having seen pics of his work, I'm pretty happy with that price (especially when you think most dealerships charge £300-400 for Lifeshine which gets applied by sponge by a work experience lad!)

gr4z
31-07-2013, 11:23 PM
So does this act like SupaGuard and protect the paintwork for a few years?

boom1
01-08-2013, 08:17 AM
So does this act like SupaGuard and protect the paintwork for a few years?

CQuartz Finest has a 2 year warranty.
Not sure of the qualities, or not, of Supagard, but seen in for sale on Ebay for about £12.
This is the link to the CQuartz Finest, the standard CQuartz is supposed to be pretty good, but there are quite a few ceramic coats available now (CQuartz, Gtechniq, Wolfs Chemicals body wrap)

Car Pro Professional Car Coatings (http://cquartz.com/pages.php?page_id=68)

Link to authorised deatilers

Finest Authorised Detailers (http://www.carpro.uk.com/finest-authorised-detailers/)

gr4z
01-08-2013, 08:26 AM
CQuartz Finest has a 2 year warranty.
Not sure of the qualities, or not, of Supagard, but seen in for sale on Ebay for about £12.
This is the link to the CQuartz Finest, the standard CQuartz is supposed to be pretty good, but there are quite a few ceramic coats available now (CQuartz, Gtechniq, Wolfs Chemicals body wrap)

Car Pro Professional Car Coatings (http://cquartz.com/pages.php?page_id=68)

Link to authorised deatilers

Finest Authorised Detailers (http://www.carpro.uk.com/finest-authorised-detailers/)

Great thanks for the details. Can you let us know what you think of it when its done?

Plife
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Well worth getting it detailed. Just picked mine up after being detailed by Tony Spears of Autoshine, needed a 2 stage machine polish, all done next to the dealer valeters washing new cars with brushes, and slapping 1 coat of life shine on. Very similar price, although 10 times longer was spent on mine!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gr4z
02-08-2013, 03:14 PM

Did you find out the rental car? Ta