PDA

View Full Version : T28 Tyre pressures and economy?

terencehunt
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi there guys and Girls? Just joined this forum, looks good to me. I have a 2006 T5 174bhp (pretty quick) and have just upgraded the standard wheels and tyres to 235/50/18" Gen VW 'Dakar' alloys and it really sets the van apart.
but i have a problem, do any of you know what the correct tyre pressures should be? The supplying dealer was of little help, i contacted VW via erwin and had a very bland reply which i'm not sure is correct. I believe the pressures should be 43.5 front and 45psi rear but am not too sure, if any of you have a sportline version i assume that would be running the pressures i need.
My other question is this, prior to fitting these wheels and tyres i was getting a regular mpg of around 40-44 on a run but now it's difficult to to get 35mpg! The only other ting that happened at the same time (ish) was the turbo hose from the intercooler to the inlet manifold decided to come apart with a hefty bang and lots of black smoke, this has been put right by the dealer but i'm wondering if it's knocked something out of balance.
Any suggestions would be valued.
Thanking you in advance, Terry.