PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Multitronic B 8

padrag_king
29-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi

I know im in the B8 forum but Im just making sure :)

This question relates to the 2008 (B 8) onwards A4 1.8 tfsi with MULTITRONIC.

I'm specifically asking about the multitronic gearbox in B8 models

Im not interested in multitronics in the older model cars, just this model.

Ive heard alot of very bad stories about Multitronics and people saying dont go near them...................BUT do these bad stories in regard to Multitronic also apply to the 2008 onwards Audi models ??

neebsta
29-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi

I know im in the B8 forum but Im just making sure :)

This question relates to the 2008 (B 8) onwards A4 1.8 tfsi with MULTITRONIC.

I'm specifically asking about the multitronic gearbox in B8 models

Im not interested in multitronics in the older model cars, just this model.

Ive heard alot of very bad stories about Multitronics and people saying dont go near them...................BUT do these bad stories in regard to Multitronic also apply to the 2008 onwards Audi models ??

I had a multitronic in a 2006 A6 C6 Avant, which gave me 167,000 trouble free miles. I now have an A4 B8 with multitronic which has given me 5,000 miles trouble free motoring to date.

I wouldn't say they are any less reliable than other manual or auto boxes, people get nervous as it costs more to repair if they do go wrong!

padrag_king
29-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Neebsta

Thanks for that reply.
Good to hear your multitronics so far have not been horror stories, they must not be too bad when you bought a 2nd one :)

Some People keep advising me not to touch a multitronic, but there musts be thousands of trouble free multitronics out there !!

neebsta
29-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Neebsta

Thanks for that reply.
Good to hear your multitronics so far have not been horror stories, they must not be too bad when you bought a 2nd one :)

Some People keep advising me not to touch a multitronic, but there musts be thousands of trouble free multitronics out there !!

I read all sorts of horror stories, but I'll be honest and say never had one issue at all. I'm quite a high mileage user too, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

I was so impressed with the first car, my second had to specifically have an auto box - and a panoramic roof :)

padrag_king
29-07-2013, 04:08 PM
I read all sorts of horror stories, but I'll be honest and say never had one issue at all. I'm quite a high mileage user too, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

I was so impressed with the first car, my second had to specifically have an auto box - and a panoramic roof :)

Thats a good recommendation if ever there was one : )

padrag_king
30-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Anyone else ?
The more opinions wheter good or bad - the better ; )

alexmac732
31-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I've had car for last 10K but its now done 30K and seems fine to me. Going to change gearbox oil at 40K

padrag_king
31-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I've had car for last 10K but its now done 30K and seems fine to me. Going to change gearbox oil at 40K

good to hear. thanks for reply.

Jason Carson
31-07-2013, 07:33 PM
I've done 16k with mine so far with no problems what so ever, had an oil change at 40k miles which improved the box even more although there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

My general knowledge of multitronics is that the gear boxes on the b8 models are much better than the older ones.

P.S. I've also had mine remapped for the last 5k miles and still no problems. TOUCH WOOD!!!!! :o

padrag_king
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I've done 16k with mine so far with no problems what so ever, had an oil change at 40k miles which improved the box even more although there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

My general knowledge of multitronics is that the gear boxes on the b8 models are much better than the older ones.

P.S. I've also had mine remapped for the last 5k miles and still no problems. TOUCH WOOD!!!!! :o

Thanks very much.

PJK
04-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks very much.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I've owned my 2008 A4 2.7 Tdi with Multitronic gearbox since it was 4 months old and 4000 miles. It's now done 124,000 miles and apart from changing the fluid every 40,000 miles or sooner, the gearbox has not required any attention. It is still as good as the day I got it :D

Cheers, Paul

padrag_king
04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't want to speak too soon, but I've owned my 2008 A4 2.7 Tdi with Multitronic gearbox since it was 4 months old and 4000 miles. It's now done 124,000 miles and apart from changing the fluid every 40,000 miles or sooner, the gearbox has not required any attention. It is still as good as the day I got it :D

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Paul. Good to know. At least not all horror stories ; )