PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Arm Adjustment & Radio Change

gazza007
02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi all,

New to this forum following purchase of 12 month old Passat, that I've had for just over a week, downsized from Seat Alhambra.

Noted that my right hand wiper is clipping the A pillar, is it easy to adjust or shall I nip it in to the dealer and have it done under the warranty?

If I do go to the dealer will they swap my old RCD 300 for the new MP3 version that I've got from Ebay FOC? I dosen't seem difficult to do but may as well take advantage.

Also does the RCD support extra speakers for the rear door and are the wires pre-installed?

Many thanks

Gaz

Ben
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
wiper arms are easy.

I had the same issue with my golf.

Your windscreen will not be the original, to change it the wiperarms have to be removed.

Lift the bonnet, using a small screwdriver, prise the circular cap off the arm which will reveal a 13mm nut.

Remove nut and then apply pressure to the joint which pivots the arm when lifting blade off glass. (i found this tricky). You are fighting the big spring.

Once loose it will remove quite easily and you can then see how the wiper arm was put on incorrectly. replace accordingly again fighting big spring. Check the passenger side while your at it.

As you do the job, take photos of each step and construct your own How To.

Ben
02-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I've been watching many 300 mp3's on ebay bidding and not winning. now i know why. its you.;):p:mad:

joking of course, but i do want an mpe unit.

Save yourself the money mate, do it your self. there are giudes on here.

gazza007
03-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Cheers for quick reply,
Had a quick chat with dealer, said they would be more than happy to do both while I wait. I will ask about the speakers too.
Managed to get my RCD 300 MP3 for £135 + postage via offer rather than BIN price of £195, the other one he had went for £160. I see he now wants £245 BIN with no offers!!!! He must work for VW?
Will try & sell my original. I also have a SEAT Scala Radio/Casette that has been in the loft for a few years, maybe I can get a few quid for that? Will that also fit VW's, is that a Beta or Gamma?

Cheers

Gaz

gazza007
07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Had Wipers fixed to correct position & MP3 RCD 300 fitted. Tried to bill me for radio but 1st service guy I saw had gone to the dentist!!!! anyway quick handshake with £5 in hand worked...
MP3 unit is excellent...... Anybody want to buy an RCD 300 or VW Gamma Unit!!!!!!!