PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed from a recent eos buyer.

netherfield
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Just got a replacement Eos 2008 model.

On the previous car when dropping the roof, when the boot lid had shut all the windows would then come up.

On the new car the windows don't come up, and also when trying to shut the roof there seems to be a short delay before the sequence starts.

Is this normal or have I got another problem car, the dealer did not seem to know the answer, then again ringing him on the 1st of September I think he was a little frazzled.

davidp
02-09-2007, 09:39 PM
congrats on the new model.
I can confirm that the windows now stay down on lowering the roof. Also they stick up ever so slightly and a second flick of the windows down swicth is required to get them to sink into the door.

Cheers, David

Teflon
07-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Netherfield,

Ours was a May 2007 delivery and the windows are as per the "old" operation, with windows coming back up once the roof is down.

I'd have preferred them to stay down, but my wife always has them up.

By the way, I followed your tale of woe about the roof problems on the old car with great interest. Ours has never leaked, but it is a constant source of clonks, rattles, squeaks and and other noises, despite far too many visits to the dealer. I'm just about to embark on a route that might result in rejecting the car, having now completely lost faith in the dealer trying to sort it.

If you have any VW contact information or other advice, I'd be very grateful.....

Teflon.

netherfield
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Your best bet may be to contact Milton Keynes,customer services,on 0800 711811.
Once you start you will get a case number which is useful because if you need to ring again chances are someone else will answer the phone.

I've got to say at the moment we have had no troubles, in fact this car is more lively and the gearchange is very slick.

You could also try getting your local Trading Standards involved with the case.

jpl
17-10-2007, 03:39 PM
My windows stay down as well, which is fine, but what about the other bit, where it takes a while before the roof up operation kicks in?

I found that with the windows up, it's instant, but with windows down it kinda waits for as long as it would do to actually wind the windows down, before it starts on the roof.

Is that like... "I don't know if the windows are down or not, so I'm going to put them down before I start on the roof" ?? :dunno: