PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Radio

kiivas
28-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I am having problems turning off the TP function. TP button doesnt work apart from going into setup mode and I get TP on all stations wether I like it or not. Does anyone know if there is a way of resetting the radio without removing it from the car?

glynnd
28-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum, sorry I have no idea as I also have the same problem!

:biglaugh:

Sam
29-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I had the same problem too - I just replaced the headunit with an aftermarket one :p

sharc
20-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I know that this thread is VERY old and I'm sure you've answered it by now but for the benefit of future viewers....

To turn off TP:
Press FM once or twice. The TP logo will disappear once it's turned off.

The manual doesn't say that, does it?!

Andy

ljohnson
18-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I am a newbie to VW altogether (except for a Jetta 15yrs ago) and have just bought a Passat (2003 TDI model) with the Gamma radio system. I have a problem with the radio / tape / CD sound just cutting out for a second intermittently. I did wonder if this was due to the traffic program function - is the TP signal coming through from a distant transmitter, but there is not enough signal for the broadcast to be played?

It also seems to occur with AM stations where the TP indicator is not on the display. Any thoughts on this would be very helpful.

Leigh

Update: The cutting out problem would appear to be related to the in car mobile phone facility. If I put the phone in the cradle it stops the cutting out altogether, apart from the initial connection when the phone is switched on. It has taken about a year to get hold of a phone that fits the cradle, hence the delay in the update.