PDA

View Full Version : Terrible getaway car.....lol

Gerryf
27-07-2013, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtUS8s36hs

DW58
27-07-2013, 01:45 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/HighlandSniper58/Emoticons/rofl-1.gif Presumably a feature not available in the UK.

Guest 2
27-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Very good ;)

jk88
28-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Presumably a feature not available in the UK.

Standard on all Mk7s I believe (inc UK), this is the feature that reduces the insurance group rating by 5

DW58
28-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Ah ... ... ... didn't realise that :Blush2:

dcdick
28-07-2013, 10:19 AM
It seems the criminal fraternity are taking legal advice as their "human rights" as crims are being infringed by this new technology that is preventing them from "working" as ram raiders in VAG cars ;)

D

size12
28-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Slowly slowly the self driving car is coming.
Still a great advert.

dickt
28-07-2013, 01:03 PM
I regard this feature as extremely dangerous and likely to kill someone soon. In these days of Health and Safety - when even soldiers appear to be covered by the H & S authorities, I am amazed that VW get away with it. It has caused me two very, very scary near misses.
Once, I was about to pass a bus in central London on the inside. The bus was turning right, and I was going straight on. There was plenty of room for me to pass, but this stupid and dangerous system jammed the brakes on. Jammed them on very hard.
Secondly, I was going along the A355 northwards not far from the junction with the M40. A car was stationary in the middle lane waiting to turn right. There was plenty of room in the left lane to get by. The stupid and dangerous system thought I was heading for the rear of the car in the middle lane, and jammed on the breaks.
It is an interesting feature, but it will kill someone sometime soon.

size12
28-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I remember someone else having similar experience with a Mercedes with braking assist. He wanted to flash his brake lights to a car that was tailgating him.
The car though he Really wanted to do an emergency stop and jammed the brakes fully on causing said tailgater to run square up his backside. I bet that was fun to sort out with insurance.

algarve
28-07-2013, 04:14 PM
I remember someone else having similar experience with a Mercedes with braking assist. He wanted to flash his brake lights to a car that was tailgating him.
The car though he Really wanted to do an emergency stop and jammed the brakes fully on causing said tailgater to run square up his backside. I bet that was fun to sort out with insurance.

Pretty stupid thing to do imo...

My own experience of the VW City Emergence Braking is that it is a pretty sophisticated piece of kit.

Even the first stage audio/dash light warning highlights potential dangerous situations before they develop .

Never had any false warnings when I analyse the situation involved.

It will undoubtably save injuries in my opinion.

Gerryf
29-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Did any of you watch Top Gear last night ? Blundering Clarkson managed to bash his VW car into Hammond.....maybe City Emergency braking was switched off ?

Guest 2
29-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Did any of you watch Top Gear last night ? Blundering Clarkson managed to bash his VW car into Hammond.....maybe City Emergency braking was switched off ?

Was it not the Mazda into the Tiguan? ;)

Wonder why it didn't work? Too slow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerryf
29-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Must get glasses .....lol

maisbitt
29-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Was it not the Mazda into the Tiguan? ;)

Wonder why it didn't work? Too slow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the Mazda into the Tiguan. So it'll stop for a hedge or pedestrian. but not a car. The only difference I saw is that he was hurtling into the first 2 obstacles but going quite slowly when he hit the Tiguan - could well be a speed related thing.