PDA

View Full Version : Fitting CD changer

SkillSte
28-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi I have an old Kenwood 6 CD changer that my dad gave me from his old BMW. I originaly got told by a car audio shop i would need new converter leads, but i got my friend to fit it for free with no extra parts. He cut off the plugs and used insulation tape to connect the wires together. I dont know if this is completely good and safe but he is going to crimp it properly next week.
Now everything is working fine but i dont know where or how to mount the CD changer. This is the problem i have. I have it in the boot but i dont know where is safe to mount it. I cannot put it on the parcel shelf because i am going to put some 6x9s in it. (Also does anyboy know if 6x9s require an amp). Has anybody got a CD changer in their car and can anyboy give me any tips on how to mount it?

Sam
28-06-2006, 04:26 PM
You don't say what car you have. - EDIT: I checked your profile - 97/98 Polo

As it's a newer Polo then the rear first aid cubby is a good mounting place. You could also have a look on www.uk-polos.net for ideas.

SkillSte
29-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, but u have now sorted out the problem I used some self tapping screws and put it in the back seats.