PDA

View Full Version : Is my car some kind of Low-Rider?

Wuffles
22-07-2013, 04:07 PM
You tell me, is this normal? I hope it is, I really do as we've only just got the car back from Bristol Audi and we sail to France tomorrow. It was the usual touch and go. Looking for some confirmation this is ok.

Left side seems to be sporting some kind of lift between the wheel and the arch:

And here's the right which looks normal:

Wuffles
22-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Between wheel arch and top of wheel. The gap on one side is 5.5cm and 3cm on the other. Full tank of fuel, no luggage. Parked on a relatively flat piece of ground. Both fronts are 4cm gap. It's not much, but it looks really odd to me.

Wuffles
22-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Paranoia. Thought it was linked to the screeching sound from before, was just parked partially in a ditch on the driveway. Moved it to another part of the drive and it looks normal again.

fernar
22-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Just check my car - and the distance between the top of the tyre and the week arch is the same on both rear wheels.... what sort of suspension do you have - standard springs? But agree with the previous suggestion - move he car to a different bit of ground and if still the same I would get it checked out at Audi.... also check form the back of the car - does it lean to one side?

But I dont think this is how it's supposed to be.... it certainly is not the way my car sits....!

Wuffles
22-07-2013, 04:39 PM
S'ok. Moved it and it's fine. Was strange as it was over compensating, the car was leaning the wrong way more so due to the suspension being so wild on one corner.

I was just paranoid as it had just come back from the dealers for some other problems and a service - plus the sunroof service, obviously - and we've had that many problems I always assume the worst now.

Guest 2
22-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Yep mine does this too, even the smallest dip in the road makes things look wild.

Passatier3
22-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Funny this as I was looking at the side of my car last week parked on the drive and thought that the rear looked low compared to the front - drive only slopes slightly down to the road.

But at the weekend had the car parked at an angle across the drive and noticed that the rear was higher. As said must be pretty sensitive to direction of slope which is surprising given the stiffness of the suspension.

Perhaps though this explains the fine ride quality of the A6?

At least the differences noted in ride height when parked seem to be normal.