PDA

View Full Version : Quick fuel query

doug-26
02-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Is anyone out there in this expansive forum running BP Ultimate Diesel in their car? If so, does it give much of an advantage over the regular diesel? More to the point, do the advantages outweigh the cost??

Considering a switchover on my A6 3.0TDi, it's a company car, so I don't have to worry about fuel costs. Just more concerned about the performace of my car - absolutly superb so far! - I would like to know if I would get more from it by switching to the Ultimate diesel.

All thoughts welcome!

CmdrBond
02-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I have been running my 1995 BMW 325Tds on Shell V-Power diesel for the last couple of months and have noticed an increase in fuel economy by approx 55miles to a tank.

Would have to say, that if it is a company car and you don't have to worry about the fuel costs, then I would definatley put the good stuff into the tank.

Collecting a Bora GTTdi on Friday and will start to run that on the V-Power as well and will treat it to a bottle of Redex as well.
:approve:

doug-26
11-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Gosh that sounds good for your 325! I shall give it a go, the car is only on its fourth tank of regular diesel since new, and has covered about 1000 miles, it would probably better to run it in with the expensive stuff :beerchug:
Wonder what the fleet manager would say about switching fuels for the company fleet.. regular diesel versus performance diesel, i'm sure he and the accountant would be happy :p

Thanks for the reply!