PDA

View Full Version : Powder 1kg Extinguisher with mounting bracket @ Lidl for £7.99

MarkTM
19-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Not quite sure where I'll mount in my A6 C6 saloon but for now will go under boot floor covering wrapped in some insulation.

Hopefully never will get the chance to use it but better safe than sorry!

Meets BS EN3 and ABC fire types (voltages of up to 1000) and is good for 2yrs

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-DED41526-025C52DA/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=4011

Cheapest I've seen as normally over £10 at most other places (a LOT more at auto factors).

No affiliation....just sharing :)

zollaf
19-07-2013, 09:49 AM
nice one. one thing to remember when mounting it is what will it do if you crash. what you don't want is it flying down the car and taking your head off. down in the passenger footwell is popular on some vehicles, so it can be reached in a hurry.

MarkTM
19-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Zollaf, exactly where it was going but want to find a way of securing that doesn't require drilling of the footwell (anyone says bungees I'll scream!). Ideally something like the carpet hooks that hold the mats in place would (as the tiger would say) be grrrrreat :biglaugh:

zollaf
19-07-2013, 10:01 AM
this is my problem too. my extinguisher lives in the boot, which isn't great in an emergency. some sort of hook or rivet to secure to the carpet would be good. i shall do some more thinking.

Sam
19-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Zollaf, exactly where it was going but want to find a way of securing that doesn't require drilling of the footwell (anyone says bungees I'll scream!). Ideally something like the carpet hooks that hold the mats in place would (as the tiger would say) be grrrrreat :biglaugh:

Lidl have a great offer on shock cords :approve:

If you have the underseat storage compartment thingummy, there's a factory fire extinguisher that fits - although that probably costs a fraction more than this one.