PDA

View Full Version : new Audi A6 Avant black edition ordered

kingo
17-07-2013, 09:38 AM
:D First off just like to say i am new to the form and hi !

I have ordered an ibis white A6 avant black edition 2.0 multi-tronic, i decided on the audi after having extended test drives of the audi, e class and bmw 5 series, i have to say to me both mercedes and bmw are miles behind the A6.

This will be my first Audi and if they all drive like this it wont be my last.

I managed to get an extra 2500 off after the 4500 incentives audi currently give so a total off 7000 quid saving from the list price, the traced a car in the uk and managed to get the dealer who had it to release it to my dealer, apparently its in a uk port, anyone any idea how long it takes dealers on average to get it to them ?

Cheers

Whippy53
17-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi and welcome, sounds like you got a great deal on a great car! whens the delivery date?

kingo
17-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Its in a uk port so not long I hope butno idea how long it will take the dealer to get it to them, hoping the will call today with news

Zaf
17-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I ordered a S-Line A6 that was at Grimsby port, car arrived at Swindon Audi a week later and I picked it up a few days after that.
Also managed to get a big discount on the list price.

johnsimcox
17-07-2013, 12:52 PM
:D First off just like to say i am new to the form and hi !

I have ordered an ibis white A6 avant black edition 2.0 multi-tronic, i decided on the audi after having extended test drives of the audi, e class and bmw 5 series, i have to say to me both mercedes and bmw are miles behind the A6.

This will be my first Audi and if they all drive like this it wont be my last.

I managed to get an extra 2500 off after the 4500 incentives audi currently give so a total off 7000 quid saving from the list price, the traced a car in the uk and managed to get the dealer who had it to release it to my dealer, apparently its in a uk port, anyone any idea how long it takes dealers on average to get it to them ?

Cheers
Welcome to the forum and you will definitely enjoy the car. Typically it is about 7-10 days if the car is in the UK. Have you checked this a MY2014 car (ie it has DAB and the electric tailgate as standard)?

kingo
17-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi no never thought about that will ask the salesman about that thanks

Passatier3
17-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi and welcome.

BE's came with DAB as standard before MY2014 so it's just the tailgate you need to check out.

kingo
19-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Audi A6/A6 Quattro/Allroad model year 2014, production number 016***
production plant Neckarsulm (D)
The entered VIN is valid

took this from a vin decoder site so hopefully its correct and the build year is 2014.

kingo
22-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Call from the dealer this afternoon, the car has now left the port and will be with them tomorrow, it will then be PDI and collected on friday just in time for my weeks holiday to the lakes....well happy:o

Passatier3
22-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Nice one - great when a plan comes together, or even if there isn't a plan! :D

kingo
27-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Picked up my A6 last night and it looks awesome in the ibis white, probably not to everyone's taste as looks a bit gangsterish with the 20 inch alloys, I love it but only downside is no tax for a few weeks, lets hope the police are aware, I love the standard electric tailgate the my2014 builds now come with...

ChuckMountain
03-08-2013, 09:44 AM
How come no tax, seems a bit strange ....

kingo
03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
How come no tax, seems a bit strange ....
Its new rulings started last week, something to do with the dvla closing all local offices under the budget cuts, I got the tax through the post from the dvla the next day, it was very quick, but if you are picking up a new car soon dont expect any tax on it!

johnsimcox
03-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Also means that there is less risk of fraud and/or tax disks being stolen as the dealers will no longer hold any stock

ChuckMountain
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Its new rulings started last week, something to do with the dvla closing all local offices under the budget cuts, I got the tax through the post from the dvla the next day, it was very quick, but if you are picking up a new car soon dont expect any tax on it!

Ah ok makes sense, seems a bit of a step backwards, so shouldn't the dealer have got it in time for pickup so you were legal, or is the fact the DVLA has the computer record and everythinig ok.

Also means that there is less risk of fraud and/or tax disks being stolen as the dealers will no longer hold any stock

So they have stripped the dealers of them as well. Surely with fraud though as everything is on the DVLA computer surely the Police or appropriate authorities should use that as their first port of call.

kingo
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
The law has been changed in respect of new first registration vehicles so that they do not commit an offence of failing to display a tax disc for the first 14 days.