PDA

View Full Version : window control & vcds

gdallas
16-07-2013, 01:33 PM
With ignition on, one click of windows control will either fully close or fully open. With ignition off this does not happen, you need to maintain the open or close actuation to drive it fully closed or open. This is an annoyance to me as often i will have forgotton to close windows when i park up, so have to sit and hold the window button until they are closed. What id like to be able to do is give them one little tickle, and for them to close themselves. My last car allowed this.

Is there a tweak in vcds that would allow this?

Sam
16-07-2013, 01:46 PM
You can enable the open/close via keyfob feature if you have (or have access to) VCDS

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Audi B8 VAG-COM Info (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB8.html)

gdallas
16-07-2013, 02:33 PM
ye thanks, but I have that already, and doesnt really make things easier. I just want one to use (if posible) 4 fingers to cuncuurenlty activate a windows closure and get out and walk away from my car as its doing it. exactly as it would do if the ignition was on.

Guest 2
16-07-2013, 02:45 PM
nope once you switch off the key you'll only get the hold-in on the window switch, not the one touch.

i find it just as easy to do the trick from the key.

Almur
17-07-2013, 08:31 AM
nope once you switch off the key you'll only get the hold-in on the window switch, not the one touch.

i find it just as easy to do the trick from the key.

Yes I noticed this in my car, I guessed it was a child safety setting?

What is the "trick from the key" please?

Guest 2
17-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Just hold in the unlock or lock button on your key to lower and raise the windows if you're outside of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyUK
17-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I use the fob as I'm walking towards the car to drop the windows and often open the rear hatch which really helps shift the heat.

Then again I've enabled the Auxiliary Heating/Cooling so I often leave the car with air blowing through any way in the summer :cool:

Almur
17-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Just hold in the unlock or lock button on your key to lower and raise the windows if you're outside of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! That's really great! :D

Audi's just ooozz quality!

Thanks guys, any other tricks I need know about??

eob
17-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys, any other tricks I need know about??

If your passenger turns the temperature knob and knocks off the sync, you can turn it back on by pressing and holding the drivers side knob instead of having to trawl through the CAR menu.

There are loads of these wee tricks, but embarrassingly, the majority are stated in the manual. But we don't read manuals, do we? :o

Redcar01
17-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi ScottyUK wrote " Then again I've enabled the Auxiliary Heating/Cooling so I often leave the car with air blowing through any way in the summer " whats that and how do I do it, does it drain your battery. Regards

ScottyUK
17-07-2013, 09:13 PM
That and more are listed here :

VCDS & Hidden menu: The complete list (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/403694-VCDS-amp-Hidden-menu-The-complete-list)

Does it drain the battery? I'm not sure how to answer that coz of course if uses the batteries power and hence drains it away. However the car is smart. It will protect the battery enough so that it always has enough to start the engine. i.e. it will disable any things you enable if the power is getting low.

markp306
18-07-2013, 01:02 PM
That and more are listed here :

VCDS & Hidden menu: The complete list (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/403694-VCDS-amp-Hidden-menu-The-complete-list)

Does it drain the battery? I'm not sure how to answer that coz of course if uses the batteries power and hence drains it away. However the car is smart. It will protect the battery enough so that it always has enough to start the engine. i.e. it will disable any things you enable if the power is getting low.

I can second that. The 4 windows would not go down via the key fob this morning although it was absolutely fine yesterday. My A4s battery was struggling last winter with DIS warnings and no doubt this heat wave hasn't helped its cause.

I'll try it again after I have been for a run out, where I expect the key fob function will work again.

gdallas
18-07-2013, 11:28 PM
ye my keyfob doesnt always work the first time for windows either. sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts which is why i dont like it all that much. I often use it for opening all windows on a ht day as i approach the car though