PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth

C172s
16-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi,

my wife has just purchased an Audi A1 1.6tdi in Brilliant Black. We absolutely love the
addition to our little family.

It seems that the Bluetooth is intermittent however. My wife has an iPhone 4S and for some reason the connectivity between the car and phone drop sometimes although they both are showing 'paired' with good signal coverage. Obviously we ll go back to Audi with this but any suggestions are welcome.

i have reset all settings in car and phone too but it's still happening.

Thanks in advance and safe driving!

Guest 2
16-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't rememeber any connection issues on the A1 I had on loan, I assume the iOS is up to date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHN
17-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Do you have an alternative handset to test with, like an I5, Galaxy etc?

C172s
17-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Thank you Chris A6 and NHN. The IOS is not up to date, and we don't have another handset. Will try the update on her phone, if not we look at it closer perhaps the handset locks itself from connection.

C172s
28-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Problem Solved.

Thinking it might be the phone I ended up updating/ resetting my wife's iPhone, the Bluetooth still didn't t work properly. We took it to an Audi dealer for diagnosis and they found nothing. They asked us to demonstrate the problem but The system behaved itself that hour. Typical.

However the day after, we had the connection problem all over again. My wife drove to our dealer immediately. The engineers had a look, and decided that the cars own multi media/ Bluetooth system needed a software reset/update. If that didn't work, they would replace the unit.

It seems that after the update/reset on the car, the Bluetooth and media system works as it should. Time will tell.