PDA

View Full Version : Question Pop up rear sunshade

Shelldr
15-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi there
I'm a first time poster so please be gentle :)
I've just got my a3 sportback and its got a pop up sunshade on the parcel shelf. It's supposed to clip down somehow but won't stay down!! Every time I open the boot ping, every time I close the boot ping, go over a bump, sneeze etc you get the idea. Anyhoo..... Has anyone got a photo of what is supposed to be there to hold it down? Not sure if the clip I've got is broken, has a bit missing, etc. if I know what it's supposed to look like I can work back.
Thank you

Fexo
15-07-2013, 02:20 PM
There is a clip on the parcel shelf which is either side of the tab on the sunshade. It is held in with the springiness of the shade. Had a look underneath and there is no part number. It's possibly held in by 2 small torx screws. No picture today as I leftthe cable for my phone at home.

Short cable found in the glove compartment (wonders of daughters and Blackberrys). Photos (hopefully) attached

Shelldr
15-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Thank you hun
That looks the same as what I've got going on just won't stay down! Flaming thing!!

Fexo
15-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Try squashing in from the sides- it's only held as it is springy

Guest 2
15-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Another thing I don't use on my A3 ;)

Give it a good slam down or a good thump. Mine does rattle over rough ground but nothing I can do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fexo
15-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Only started using mine yesterday!