PDA

View Full Version : VAGCOM Help Please!

Marco34
01-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi

I've read the Ross-tech FAQ and as many thread with VAGCOM as possible but my issues are not resolved.

I've just got a Ross-Tech Hex-Com duel-K. I've downloaded and installed version 704.1 of the software. I connected the cable to the car ok and green light came on. It's a serial connection by the way. Performed test, all ok on com1. Now the problem I have is that it keeps losing the interface. If I try and check engine-01 for example it will try several attempts then say Interface Status = -2, following errors:-

Interface not ready - well green light is on cable
Incorrecet com prot - tested ok
Interface not plugged - it is
Ignition off - I'm not that stupid :p
K-line stuck - Not sure what that means :confused:
Firmware update required - I assume all was latest download and ok!

When I perform the test it can be ok sometimes, saying:-

Hex-com
V1.78
K1 OK
K2 OK

I have had it working ok for 5 mins, then I lost connection, "interface not found". Reboot, re -plug all ok. Same again after 10 mins. Cable light always stays green.

Could anyone shed any light on this for me please, as I 'm at the point of contacting seller (from ebay) re the cable. I can't see cable being a problem as it will work.

Am I using correct software v704.1 for the B6 model. I know some of you use v4**. Any help most welcome.

Cheers

Mark

onzarob
01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
If you have a 3rd party cable you can only use older versions of vag-com.

look here

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_3.html#3.2

Marco34
02-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi, Thanks for reply onzarob. I thought that, and advertised by the seller on ebay, that buying a genuine Ross-tech cable would not be 3rd party. I have attached a pic of the cable with all the Ross-tech blurb on it.. I thought I would be able to use the latest software with this. Like I said, it has worked but the connection keeps dropping! Should there be a different version of software to use?

Cheers

onzarob
02-09-2007, 12:53 PM
it looks genuene so should work, if it doesn't contact ross-tech or send it back, is it new or used?

Marco34
02-09-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure to be honest. The cable didn't come in any packaging other than bubble wrap, so I assumed used. Still it should be ok. Like I said, it will work but then decides to stop. I hate intermittent problems! :zx11: I'll contact the seller and see if I can get some history on it.

Cheers

Marco34
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
I appear to have got it working consistantly now but still not accessing everthing. I un-installed some redundant apps from the laptop that could cause connection issues (Ross-tech FAQ page). The trouble I have now is that I can't access various options in the control module. If I got to Common and select 01-Engine, then I get the information ok. If I select Drivetain try 11-Engine, 21 Engine, 31 Engine other for example, then I get "No response from contoller!" see image below. Instruments and ABS brakes give me info ok but many others don't. I've got a fully registered/activated account.

Anyone else had these problems?

Cheers

onzarob
03-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Not all cars have all controllers;)

Sounds like it working properly now, have fun:D

Marco34
04-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Not all cars have all controllers;)

Sounds like it working properly now, have fun:D

Your right there! Decided to read what the B6 8E version can do... literature often helps! :D

The cable is sensitive to other software running in the backround. I've disabled a lot of synch software and now it seems good. I was driving whilst logging a few key temps and sensors last night (laptop in passanger footwell out of way ;)) and then the thing cut off, power saving! I was hoping for some good logs and graphs. Ah well, must check power save options in future :D