PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 3.0 V6 TDi Swirl Flap Repair Kit

bigman1
14-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi guys newbie here, I have recently come across the dreaded EML and had it diagnosed comes up as a intake runner flap.

Now, I have read all the posts on here about getting new motors or buying just the new rods from audi which are about £10.

I have no mechanical expertise but by looking at the pics of the engine i managed to find the rods... This is what i have found;

I took off the engine cover and with the car switched off the rods were nice and tight without movement.

When i started the car, the rod on the left (looking into engine from front) / drivers side was wobbling, whereas the one on the left had no movement,

Am i right in thinking that the right side rod / ball joint is faulty?

Car drives fine guys... I did over 200miles on motorway with light on.

Any help appreciated guys, I just want to know if thats whats at fault...?

regards

Guest 2
14-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Welcome to VWAF

Have a look here, should help you

Audi V6 TDi 2.7 & 3.0 Inlet Manifold, Swirl Flap Repair Kit. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?140390-Audi-V6-TDi-2-7-amp-3-0-Inlet-Manifold-Swirl-Flap-Repair-Kit&highlight=Swirl+repair)

Also do a search for 'swirl repair' to find others.

I've driven mine with faulty swirl flaps and the only downside is lower mpg but the car is only doing ~30 normally.

bigman1
15-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi, yes i have read that post and others, it seems as though the repair kit is sucessful in some cases.

I will be ordering a set of them and have them fitted to my reg, see how it goes i will keep you guys informed. I just wanted to know that if the one that shakes is the faulty one or should it be shaking when the car runs?

thanks