PDA

View Full Version : If there is a better car out there

Bash D Bishop
14-07-2013, 12:06 AM
.... I'd be absolutely amazed.

I have just driven 977 miles in a single day from Le Bugue in south central France via Eurotunnel to home near Edinburgh. We left at 07:20 this morning and arrived home at 22:45. The car was packed and had a towbar mounted bike rack with 3 bikes on it. Despite a detour caused by closure of the A1(M) at Scotch Corner and then having to endure the A1 north of Newcastle I still managed to average 69 mph. Fuel consumption wasn't brilliant but given the load and speed it was probably as good as I could expect.

I now sitting at home feeling quite good. The car performed brilliantly. Stacks of power when I needed it and supreme comfort throughout the whole journey. On the super smooth French motorways it was virtually silent with only some slight wind noise.

I can't imagine any other car that would do that journey so competently. My 5 year old didn't complain too much and was kept amused by watching videos on my tablet and playing games on my wife's iPhone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

neilos100
14-07-2013, 12:10 AM
With the Ace of Spades playing I think my fuel consumption would be on the low side too!
Nice....:D

Sent from my phone...

Bash D Bishop
14-07-2013, 12:19 AM
LOL!

That was only in the last few minutes of the journey. Although my 5 year old had insisted we play AC/DC Back in Black. :D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

zollaf
14-07-2013, 09:08 AM
drivers of lesser cars just don't get it.

AndyMealor
15-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Just completed a similar journey myself from Lourdes in France to Stockport in a single hop via Eurotunnel.
Cant believe how comfortable the A6 is over +900 mile journey.

I certainly would not have wanted to attempt this in my previous BMW.

Eddo1968
15-07-2013, 08:05 PM
2 years ago I drove from Salamanca to Paris in one go in my A4 Allroad which took 12 hours. From Bordeaux onwards it was dark with torrential rain and I'm sure I started to hallucinate. 1200 Kms was enough for me, and will not be repeated so i can't imagine the extra 400kms you did, although we didn't have the euro tunnel break :-)