PDA

View Full Version : A6 Allroad - Java Brown colour - Audi do not supply touch up paint sticks

Mearns
12-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I've had my A6 Allroad since last September and it is in the Java Brown colour that Audi say is unique to the Allroad. Whilst very pleased with the car, on going to Aberdeen Audi Parts Dept last week I was horrified to find that having spent £44,000 on the car, Audi are unable to sell touch up paint sticks for this colour as they cannot guarantee a paint match. I have a couple of stone chips on the bonnet which show as glaring white specks and the paintwork needs protecting.

Having spoken to Audi Customer Service today I have asked for the issue to be escalated as this is totally unacceptable. I was told that there are other colours for which they also do not supply paint sticks. What do Audi expect us to do - nip down to Halfords and try to match the colour there?!

Guest 2
12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Obviously with being a new colour and model, maybe they haven't had time to manufacture touch-up kits yet?

Have you tried Chipex?

Welcome to VWAF.

Mearns
12-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Chris. No, Audi have said they don't intend to supply paint sticks for that colour. Having now read some other posts on paintwork it occurs to me that I should have asked whether they supply aerosols in Java Brown. Maybe the Audi paint shop can mix me something but at what cost I wonder! Will look at Chipex - not heard of them before.