PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons Audi A3 Cabriolet 1.6 TDI Sport 2010

L8starter
11-07-2013, 05:24 PM
hi
im thinking about a potential purchase over night. buying a car of this calibre is not something ive done before

buying a cabriolet is not something ive done before

on street parking with a soft top concerns me

im wondering whether the car will last me the 10 years i need it to do in order to justify spending this amount of money on it

what im going to as regards transporting my kayak and my bike if i buy this bothers me?

any thoughts would be welcomed.... please

tina :D:confused::aargh4:

Crazyfool
20-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Road tax is cheep, but performance is poor.

Theres always a risk with a soft top, but depending on the situation Ive actually left ours in the street with the roof down.

Ive never kept a car for more than 5 years, but considering our cabriolet is 17 years old and still going strong, it may do if its looked after well.

If you are looking for a transporter, then a cabriolet is not for you. You'll either need something big enough to get your kayak in or a car that has roofbars. That's where our avant is useful, the cabriolet is for a bit of fun.

NHN
21-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Fit a towbar with a bike rack which is what we've done, but kayak is another thing tbh & of course a hard top would allow roof bars for kayak & rook bike brackets.

daycartes
22-08-2013, 08:16 PM
There are roof racks for cabriolets, believe it or not, however if you transport kayaks.often then perhaps it's not for you , yet. My wife has just bought a A3 cabriolet and I've not seen her since. It's fantastic.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 4

NHN
22-08-2013, 09:41 PM
My wife has just bought a A3 cabriolet and I've not seen her since. It's fantastic.

LMFAO that had be chuckling away, brilliant.