PDA

View Full Version : Indicator not flashing ?

nigelainge
27-06-2006, 10:40 AM
The turn indicator on my 2000 A8 stopped working - i.e. the lights don't flash on and off - they simply come on and stay on when I push the stalk up or down then go off when I push the stalk back to the central postion.

So I'm manually having to 'flash' the lights to indicate turns by moving the stalk up & down - and to complete the function I also make the clicking noise :biglaugh:

I assume the fuses are fine since all the lights do come on and I presume there must be a 'flasher' relay somewhere in the car does anyone know where the 'flasher' relay is ?

It isn't in the little car manual - and couldn't find anything on google - :1zhelp:

Sam
27-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Not too familiar with the A8 layout but assuming it's similar to that of the Passat, the turn signal relay is behind the hazard light switch.

nigelainge
27-06-2006, 01:59 PM
The hazards flash on & off ok - but turn indicators don't - so it seems as though they have seperate relays.

stuart
27-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi

The hazard warning switch is also the relay for both the hazards and the normal flashers, as stated by mycarsavw above. It could be that the relay has two seperate sections, and could be faulty.

STuart

nigelainge
28-06-2006, 09:20 AM
great - I pulled off the panel - and hey presto :o - a relay behind the hazard warning light / button.

I wiggled it about and pulled off the connector a few times to make sure it wasn't simply a loose wire or contact - but still the same.

So I just need to buy another relay now - any suggestions on where to get one (other than a very expensive new one from an Audi dealer !)

Sam
28-06-2006, 10:21 AM
The hazards flash on & off ok - but turn indicators don't - so it seems as though they have seperate relays.

It's all the same thing.

As for buying one, try www.vagparts.com and mention where you heard about them.

Sam