PDA

View Full Version : Light and rain sensors - Black Edition

Golf7
09-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi all,

We collected my Mrs' new A1 S-Line Black Edition yesterday evening and it is a fantastic car!!

Just wondering something.... The car comes with Light and Rain Sensors as standard. I have tested the light sensor by putting a cloth over the light sensor (and the lights came on, so far so good). I didn't check the rain sensors as I didn't want to get it wet lol.

I notice on the windscreen wiper stalk there doesn't appear to be a 'Auto' setting, and I can't find anything on the MMI. I could check the manual but the Mrs. has taken the car to work now and the manual is in the boot, Doh! So do I assume that it is always in Auto mode, hence no auto setting on stalk, or am I missing something?

I know this will drive me mad all night if I don't get an answer lol!!

Help please!

Guest 2
09-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Auto for the wiper stalk is one click up from the bottom.

You can adjust the sensitivity by using the switch on top of the wiper stalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf7
09-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Aha, thank you!

I did see that and assumed that one click up was the intermittent setting and the switch on top is the intermittent speed (as with my A3 and the Mrs' previous A1). So although it doesn't say 'Auto' on the one click up, it is in fact Auto?! They haven't bothered to change the printed icons on the stalk?!!

Guest 2
09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Yep it's definitely auto.

Golf7
09-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Cracking, I'll take your word for it as it may be awhile until the heavens open (with a bit of luck). Saying that, I am dying to get my hands on it when I get a few hours to detail it so will test it then!

Thanks again :D