PDA

View Full Version : Windows down with key thob - also known as fob

Clarky87
09-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi
when i bought my audi the windows would operate up/ down with the key thob. At weekend I disconnected the battery and now the car won't do it. Does anyone know why this is or come across this problem before. Battery was disconnected for about 15mins, I pt reset the time and date on the dash board but I never needed the keycode for the stereo which I thought was strange.

regards
karl

A4Ade
09-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but worth a try: I *think* the fob will only operate the windows once you have reactivated the one touch - have you done this? I think the manual tells you how to do this, but it's something like "open the windows all the way down, holding the button continuously, then close them all the way up holding the button continuously. Once the one-touch is working, try the key fob again...

P.S. You won't need the keycode for the stereo - if it's the same stereo that was in before the battery disconnect the ECU will know...

Guest 2
09-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Yep just re-learn the bottom and upper points of the windows and they will work.

NHN
10-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Rolling down windows via fob is a bad idea, some people sit on the keypad & come out to a rain drenched interior or someone's offloaded some interior bits, so my advice is either decode it or don't sit on your keys :)

Clarky87
10-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Yeh ill bare that in mind, just nice on a sunny day be able to drop the windows a little with the key let a little air circulate. That worked great I just put key into on position and drop the two front together all the way down then back up. Then repeated it for the rear windows, took key out and it was working.

never knew that about the stereo, spent all that wasted time finding the key code aswell. Thanks for the help