PDA

View Full Version : Oil recommnedation for 4.2lr engine

mjhamilton
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Anyone have any specific oil recommendations for the V8? I plan to use Catrol Edge 5w30 (used this on my other cars for years) as it meets the VW 504/7.00 standard which superceeds the 503 standard when the car came out - I plan to use this for annual and not long life services.

Guest 2
08-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Audi are saying 5w30

Quantum is Castrol Edge in a VAG label.

Suits both Fixed and LL regimes.

Audi/VW Quantum LONGLIFE 3 Oil - 5w/30 - 5 Litres | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-VW-Quantum-LONGLIFE-3-Oil-5w-30-5-Litres-/261066122885?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc8c0e685)

Our Recommendation:
Quantum LongLife III 5W-30

Make
AUDI

Model
A4 Cabriolet S4 4.2 (250kW QG0/2)

Engine
P

Year
2003-

New Search
Print

Application Recommendation Capacity (ltr)
Engine (P) Recommendation Quantum LongLife III 5W-30 (a)

mjhamilton
08-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Exactly what my research was telling me but I know sometimes there's a 'better' way - great really as I still have a 4lt bottle in the garage from my Honda Type-R as this is what I used for this as well - thanks for the response

Dammad
23-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Paid a visit to my local Audi dealer last week and spoke to one of the guys in the service dept, he races motor bikes and is involved in the work that goes into them, he seemed to know quite a lot as he was part a fault assessment team for Audi and Mercedes, he described why Castrol Edge Professional is the best oil on the market and the oil Audi recommends as the two company's worked together with oil and engine manufacture, it has minute particles of metal (no idea of type) that give the oil something to cling to and helps to keep it together and do a better job of separating engine components.
You may say that relates more to later engines and you could be right but it's worth looking into.
Ps: try not to laugh at the price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)