PDA

View Full Version : REAR WIPER WON'T TURN OFF!!!!

jon.s
26-06-2006, 08:53 PM
:confused: :zx11: :zx11: Just wondering if anybody out there has had as much trouble as me with my 2002 golf gti 1.8t!, I think i must have run over several black cats, magpies, etc in the last year, cos i have had to have, a new engine at 65K, lambda sensor, temp sensor, and three people have driven into it and left no details!!!!!!!!!!!! I have now got another problem with the rear wiper which refuses to switch off, I took it to my local vw agent again (you would have thought i would have learnt my lesson as they are fairly usless!!) and they have not been able to find the problem on the last two visits?, I have now had to pull the fuse to stop it wearing the rear screen out!. Thanks for any help or advice john.
and another thing!!! there is terrible engine noise on the radio or even when a cd is playing and the bloody thing has a very slight mis-fire/ hesitation when driving slowly. AAAAHHHHHHHHHH please, please, help me the car is trying to drive me mental and i have no money left!!!!!!!!

glynnd
27-06-2006, 08:43 AM
You need an auto electrician to look at the wiper as it could be number of things causing it ie broken switch or a negative earth somewhere in the loom. With regard to the hesitation again it could be a number of things. Start with the plugs if they have not been replaced already.

:biglaugh:

jon.s
27-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for that, it looks like the wiper motor is shorting as they seem to be yet another problem area with the mk4 golf, but any other suggestions would be welcome as it is now working perfectly again? as for the plugs they came with the new vw engine which i had fitted 4k ago, my local vw dealer can't get to the bottom of it so i'm hoping someone out there can help!!:1zhelp: