PDA

View Full Version : New MK7 GT TDI Ordered

GTwebb
02-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi guys my first post on here. Soon to be a brand new Golf owner for first time. Ordered a Urano Grey GT TDI 5dr (no extras). Expected delivery mid Sept. Will post some pics when it comes! Can't wait!

I've come from having an Octavia VRS 170CR TDI so will be interested to see how it compares in the performance stakes. The Golf is down on power slightly but is much lighter so expected pretty similar performance.. official figures seem to agree as well... we shall see though!

ellie43
03-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Congratulations! I'm sure you won't be disappointed - it's a great car....

GTwebb
03-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks yes really looking forward to it.. I was very impressed by the overall quality of the car at the showroom it was stunning and seemed to be a fair step up in quality from the MK6's I've seen

pango1in
03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Thanks yes really looking forward to it.. I was very impressed by the overall quality of the car at the showroom it was stunning and seemed to be a fair step up in quality from the MK6's I've seen

It is a cracking car. Very comfortable and smooth. The base spec for the GT is very good. I am very pleased with mine.

My only minor quibbles are:

If you are offered Autoglym Lifeshine, politely refuse and get some products from Gtechniq instead for about £30. It will do the same job but save you a shed load.
Don't expect miracles on the mpg (see other posts)

Other than that, I love my car. :approve:

GTwebb
03-07-2013, 09:22 AM
It is a cracking car. Very comfortable and smooth. The base spec for the GT is very good. I am very pleased with mine.

My only minor quibbles are:

If you are offered Autoglym Lifeshine, politely refuse and get some products from Gtechniq instead for about £30. It will do the same job but save you a shed load.
Don't expect miracles on the mpg (see other posts)

Other than that, I love my car. :approve:

Many thanks for the advice. I'll check out Gtechniq! Yes was impressed with the base spec of the GT more than enough imo!

What colour is yours? I was torn between Tornado Red and Urano Grey (both look great) but opted for Urano.. went for the Titan Black seats as well. Should look sweet!

pango1in
03-07-2013, 09:29 AM
New Black GT 2.0 TDI (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?147292-New-Black-GT-2-0-TDI)

;)

GTwebb
03-07-2013, 10:03 AM
New Black GT 2.0 TDI (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?147292-New-Black-GT-2-0-TDI)

;)

Ahh found the thread! Lol Very nice indeed! it's a quality car!

andyCYM
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Mine's urano grey, pic above. Strangely, this colour (shade?) seems to change according to conditions. It looks very pale when wet and in low light, and almost black in the sun. I like it, very subtle and stealthy. Word of warning though, it seems to scratch easily and marks do show up.

GTwebb
03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Very nice indeed! Yes agree I really like the Urano Grey. Looks stealthy and gives it a quality car appearance if you know what I mean.. I've gone for the Titan Black interior is yours Quartz? I've not seen too many with the black.. anyone got any pics?? Cheers!

andyCYM
04-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Very nice indeed! Yes agree I really like the Urano Grey. Looks stealthy and gives it a quality car appearance if you know what I mean.. I've gone for the Titan Black interior is yours Quartz? I've not seen too many with the black.. anyone got any pics?? Cheers!

I did put a couple of pictures on here, if you search 'quartz' you should find them. There's also a bigger picture of my (clean at the time!) urano grey GT in a thread called 'colour'.

GTwebb
04-07-2013, 10:26 PM
I did put a couple of pictures on here, if you search 'quartz' you should find them. There's also a bigger picture of my (clean at the time!) urano grey GT in a thread called 'colour'.

Thanks... will have a search!