PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy car excess examples

Wuffles
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
This is a new thing to me. I don't think in my lifetime I'd ever been asked to cover an insurance excess on a courtesy car, certainly not when my own car is forced out of my hands for a warranty repair until I visited Taunton Audi.

Anyway. Bristol Audi can't fix the car until the 25th July (with supply of a courtesy car, no mention of excess so far) but we're on holiday then, Taunton Audi are still out of their minds with a £1000 excess but can do the car quicker. Given they destroyed the car last time they had it, I'm not in the mood to go there anyway. Bath Audi - part of the same group as Bristol - can do it even quicker, but want £250 excess.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Anyone fancy giving me a lift from Bristol Audi to Axbridge and back again on unspecified dates? I'm joking of course.

Allroad_2013
02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Anyone fancy giving me a lift from Bristol Audi to Axbridge and back again on unspecified dates? I'm joking of course.

Nice place Axbridge, have relatives there.

Can't help with anything else though :D

Wuffles
02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Closest postal town to us, very picturesque. The parking would make me commit atrocities regularly if I had to live there though.

Spoke to the service manager at Bristol, which seems to be the equivalent of slipping a twenty to a concierge as we're now moved to the 18th instead, which means it's within tolerance of us leaving for France.

He explained that they look at the circumstances with regard the £250 excess imposed by the Mon Motors group. As my circumstances haven't been as simple as perhaps others' to date, I haven't been asked to cover it.

Guest 2
02-07-2013, 03:25 PM
I pay £0 for insurance and a £0 for excess.

I think it depends on the dealer, Belfast are part of Sytner.

Allroad_2013
02-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Closest postal town to us, very picturesque. The parking would make me commit atrocities regularly if I had to live there though.

It's not the parking that would put me off living there - it's the relatives!!

Wuffles
02-07-2013, 07:56 PM
It's not the parking that would put me off living there - it's the relatives!!

Understood. Mind you, the webbed hands help when you're trying to carry more than three pints.

man le-mans
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
We was ask few years ago if we wanted to reduce the excess by paying £10 which we did then we wasn't asked anymore till the other month. When I question it and said I thought that had stopped because you haven't ask they just said they don't push it but you sign for the £1000 excess anyway.
Funny tho because when you take a car out for a test drive for a full day or even a weekend you don't have to pay anything then or even sign for it

Wuffles
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Yes, in fairness Taunton Audi will offer to take £15 from you to get rid of that pesky excess.

Actually...you could enter one of their courtesy cars into a stock car race for a mere £15, now it's not sounding so bad. Very tempting.