PDA

View Full Version : Smashed headlight lens

auroan
30-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Well..... had the A6 for all of a month and I've just found my off side headlight lens all caved in !!!

So. Does anyone know if I need to take the bumper off to change the headlight unit or can it be removed ala the C6 via hidden access to bolts ?

I'm not going to enjoy my phone call to Audi tomorrow to find out how much an Sline headlight unit is :-(

Passatier3
30-06-2013, 11:58 PM
That's tough, any idea how it happened, I assume by someone who can't park?

Surprised you're contemplating doing it yourself though.

NHN
01-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Prepare yourself, they range from halogen £260 to £558/£640 bixenon/adaptive, if you have led then sit down as they're £1500 each.

It does advise to remove front bumper to remove headlight.

auroan
05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Ended up taking it to Manchester Audi. I just didn't have the time to do it my self as I have a bathroom half tiled and a fence line to do.

Cost me £650 all in :(

daycartes
06-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I would have thought that Audi would have helped you out there. A bit of customer service by offering say £100 off since it's such a new car could earn them a bit of brand loyalty from you. Are you a regular customer?

NHN
06-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Lets be honest, why should they if the headlight was damaged by other means & not faulty as such.

auroan
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I would have thought that Audi would have helped you out there. A bit of customer service by offering say £100 off since it's such a new car could earn them a bit of brand loyalty from you. Are you a regular customer?

Bradford Audi (where I bought it from), didn't even bother to respond to a request for a quote. Phone'd both them and Manchester last Monday within minutes of each other.... Manchester phoned me back within the hour, Bradford I chased mid afternoon... and a week later still nothing.

Olio
08-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I've asked Manchester Audi for a quote for my A6. It was over the phone. I rang 4 branches in NW, and Manchester is the only one never to return my call.

Swings and roundabouts...