PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Octavia vRS ESP Light

macmillions
29-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi all,

This morning I went to get my front tyres changed at the garage I use regularly. All was good (except the price... :p)

This afternoon I jumped back in to drive and the ESP warning light has come on and stays on. The car drives as it should, but obviously it's a bit uncomfortable driving with a warning light on.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what this could be before I get it booked in? And could the tyre change and this light coming on be related?

Thanks.

Guest 2
29-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Is TPMS fitted?

Probably something silly which will require a diag tool to switch off like VCDS.

Turpal ( VW AUDI Forum - Turpal (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?29912-turpal) ) is in Colchester if that isn't too far or even meet half way?

macmillions
29-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is TPMS?

Guest 2
29-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, I doubt it's fitted but see my edited post above.

macmillions
29-06-2013, 01:43 PM
I have had it before that when I have had my tyres changed the tyre pressure warning light would come on, due to the very slight difference in pressure. And that can be reset by holding in the button on the centre console. This though, is basically the traction control light.

I will await a response from my mate who did the tyre change (as it's his family owned garage), if I get no joy soon, I will contact Turpal, as Colchester is very near to me.

Guest 2
29-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Ah no problemo.

ESP light could be anything, if the car is driving OK then hopefully a simple clear of the code will suffice and the light will go off.

macmillions
29-06-2013, 02:07 PM
That's what I'm hoping! Arranged to have a fault code read on Monday.

Will keep this thread updated.
Hopefully will be a quick/cheap fix...

macmillions
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Well I've had my car plugged in and got these codes:
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1-G201 Electrical Problem in circuit.

Is that the ABS sensor? My mechanic mate seems to think it's around £97 +VAT plus fitting. So around £150 all in.

Would that be something you agree with? I have done a search into Google and that seems to be what comes up... Along with the ABS pump fault...

Guest 2
04-07-2013, 06:50 PM
01435 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01435)

Rosstech say check the brake light switch first and run the basic settings in the ABS module in VCDS.

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Electrical Fault in Circuit
Possible Causes

Brake Pedal Switch (F) faulty/jammed
Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check/Replace Brake Pedal Switch (F)
See Measuring Blocks
Check/Replace Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
ABS Hydraulic Unit (N55) may need to replaced
Perform Brake Pump Bleeding
Perform Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) Basic Setting
Replace Brake Electronics Control Module (J104)

macmillions
04-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks very much for that. Will get back to him and let you know the outcome.

Brodster
19-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Personally if this was my car I would get the person that did the job to rectify it seeing as how the light wasnt on before the work was carried out and now since the work has been done the light is on. Obviously something has been altered in the process but it should be his responsibility to diagnose the problem.