PDA

View Full Version : Seat Leon Cupra R 225/40 R18 tyres... which ones are best??

Seat til I die
31-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Hello!!

Just yesterday I bought my Seat Leon Cupra R having owned a Toledo V5 for years and mainly VWs before that.

Anyway, the tyres are shot and need replacing and I will be honest here, I am a complete spaz when it comes to tyres.

Since owning Golfs and then Toledo I have bought part worns for as cheap as possible and stuck whichever ones on at the time, I want brand new ones now though cus I think the new baby deserves it!! and of course it will be better for grip, even wear, acceleration etc.
I am told Bridgestone, Pirelli, Continental and Michelin r sposed to be best and I have found some deals on ebay but I would really like to hear from fellow Cupra owners on which tyres they recommend.

Thanks guys, all advise appreciated.

Seat til I die
03-09-2007, 08:19 PM
well thanks for all your suggestions :o but I thought I may as well let you know that I bought 4 x Pirelli P-Zero tyres, being as that is what the spare was anyway and its the only tyre that had the F-1 style pattern rather than the V-shaped tread pattern which I didnt like in wet.

£400 which was a bargain as the car goes like a rocket now and handles like its on rails, the traction control light only flashes every so slightly whereas before it was taking lots of power off me when i booted it.

payno
09-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Good choice

Seat til I die
23-09-2007, 11:04 AM
well thats what the spare was, and the spare had about 500 miles on it, so it was bit of a no-brainer :D

devonutopia
23-09-2007, 01:10 PM
My personal choice would be

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s134p1700

Toyo T1-R - mixture of V pattern with normal. I have them all round on my Fabia, in 215/40 R17 and they perform very well, yet also to buck the trend, last quite a while as well. It sounds like you got a fair bargain for the tyres you chose though. :)

How do you like your brakes? I've retrofitted Cupra R brembos to my fabia and they are AWESOME!

Seat til I die
23-09-2007, 01:40 PM
ok thanks for the heads up on the toyos, didnt want to try anything i wasnt sure of though but will definitly keep that in mind for next time.

as for the brakes they are awesome (dangerously good if you know what i mean ;)) seat certainly knew what they were doing when they put them on, another little factor that steered me away from an S3.
only problem is that the pads wear out so fast, its the only light on my dashboard that has come one yet... but if you want the truth then i think once the honeymoon period is over and my right foot chills out then they should probably last as long as any other set of pads.

devonutopia
23-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Ooh, I know all about dangerously good, and on the turn in to my road I usually try to leave braking to the last minute to see how good they are. 50mph to 10mph never seemed so quick, and downhill as well. Anything on the seats ends up in the footwell, but boy they're GOOD - and this is coming from 312mm audi TT brakes before.

GrazzerFR
19-06-2008, 12:49 PM
P Zero is the way to go, love them on my FR, just a toss up between Nero or Rosso P Zero's, dont think there is much difference, but known to be wrong :biglaugh:

cmcb a3
21-06-2008, 06:05 PM
the vredstein ultrac sessanta get a good rating as an all round tyre, evo magazene rated them better than everything other than goodyear f1 eagle asymmetrics and they only cost £100 each in your size.

Jaceb
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I have P-Zero Rossos on mine in that size, wearing well, grip ok too.

Had 18k out of them so far, need to replace them in about 2-3k I'd say.

Ran Eagle F1 on my old mk4 golf, awesome tyre, just dont last too long due to being so soft & sticky

VAGSTER
05-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Personally I would go for Toyos or (as I currently have on my LCR) Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3s. Never been a big fan of Pirelli personally but they're not bad.