PDA

View Full Version : MMI question

Mark996
27-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I've bought an SD card (SDHC to be exact) for the A3 and after dragging loads of songs straight from my itunes library onto the card (all in .mp3 format to save issues) I've put the card in slot 2....

The MMI has picked up the card no problem but then just started working its way through the list, blanking out the majority of the songs and not playing them - then all of a sudden it kicked in on one of the songs and started playing - however, no album art (yes they all have album art embedded) was displayed - just a list of the songs....

How do you get to the screen where just the current playing song (and its art work) is displayed on the central screen?

Also, i've no idea why it didn;t like the majority of songs and blanked them, as I've been back into my itunes library and compared the songs/files along side each other and they are identical in their make-up.....

Cheers for any help!

Mark.

KevTHC
27-06-2013, 04:22 PM
There is a maximum bit rate that the MMI supports, and if your files are over that, it won't play them. To get the display that shows the current song , including album art, I messed with an option whose name I cannot quite remember right now, but could look up later for you when I get home. It's not named intuitively, at least I didn't understand what it did until I changed it and saw the results. It might have had the word "auto" in it. Sorry not to be more specific.

Mark996
27-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Cool - if you could let me know where that sub menu is and what it is, that'd be great!

cheers mate!

keeper
27-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Are you using a MAC or PC?
MACS leave DS_Store files in the itunes folders which are transferred to the SD card and appear but not played.
I use a program called Blue Harvest to clean my SD card.

DS_Store, ._AppleDouble, .Folders. Keep it clean. | zeroonetwenty (http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/)

Cheers Phil

Mark996
27-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Im using Mac mate, what do you mean by 'clean' the SD card?? once the songs are uploaded to it or prior?

keeper
27-06-2013, 07:31 PM
The SD card will have hidden files from iTunes , the process is transfer your
folders over to the SD card then use Blue Harvest to clean the folders on the card.
All the info is on the Blue harvest website, you will also find lots of info
on the A1 forum. The Audi A1 Forum :: A Big Idea, Condensed :: Welcome (http://www.a1-forum.co.uk)

Mark996
27-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Awesome thanks! You don't happen to know the answer to my album art query too do you? Like I said, I can't seem to make the screen display just the current song thats playing without there being a list of songs....?

keeper
27-06-2013, 08:15 PM
thats just an option on the mmi settings, displays the track info and artwork in a popup box.
its covered in the manual

KevTHC
27-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Cool - if you could let me know where that sub menu is and what it is, that'd be great!

cheers mate!

Media button > control button
Settings
Reduced display

Mark996
28-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Brilliant, thanks all - now to work out how to rescale all my album artwork down to the right size within iTunes.....not an easy task it appears - I've googled it and it doesn't seem that theres a straight forward way of doing it at all....

Any ideas anyone?

KevTHC
28-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Try this thread, but there are many more like it:

forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?t=17494

KevTHC
28-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Try again

iPhone-5-abd-the-a1

The Audi A1 Forum • View topic - iPhone 5 abd the a1 (http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?t=17494)

Mark996
28-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks mate, but unfortunately they are all for windows and I'm a mac user - I could use them through boot camp or similar, but would prefer to stick to a mac program if possible...