PDA

View Full Version : £50k for a 2ltr A6!!!

Inkblot
23-06-2013, 09:26 PM
AUDI A6 2.0 TFSI HYBRID 4DR TIP AUTO "VAT QUALIFYING" | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A6-2-0-TFSI-HYBRID-4DR-TIP-AUTO-VAT-QUALIFYING-/151054135851?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item232b87322b)

Yes, it's brand new and yes it's a hybrid. It's also very, very nicely specced but even so it's over £50k and it's only a 2ltr! I know engine performance has increased dramatically in recent years and we are all supposed to be saving the planet but if I was spending that sort of money on a car (which isn't ever going to happen unless I win the lottery :)) it would need to be something bigger engine wise - even if the performance was exactly the same! I'd really want at least a v8 up front although a v10 would be nice too!

I've never been in the position of being able to afford a new car but even if I could I don't see I would buy one (apart from that lottery win of course :biglaugh:) as I'd much rather somebody else took the initial financial hit and do the running in for me. Most of my cars have been 3/4 years old although the last coulple (A8 and the A6) were both 7 years old when I got them. As long as they have been looked after and you have luck on your side there is no reason a modern car won't do big miles as other threads prove and a brand new car can break down just as much as an older one although they are generally easier to fix as you only have to ring the dealer. 30 years ago it was an achievement for a car to do 100k miles but these days it's nothing unusual and 200k is not uncommon.

Guest 2
23-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Some 2.0 TDIs I've seen have been touching the £40-50k mark too - exclusive paint etc can soon bump the price up.

Inkblot
23-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I've no problem with spending £50k on a car* but if I was I would want something more substantial. I'd be buying the used 5ltr A8/Jag/BMW/MB that nobody else would consider because of the fuel consumption / depreciation

*I actually have 2 problems with spending £50k on a car, 1) Not having £50k and 2) A wife :biglaugh:

Audiholic Dave
23-06-2013, 10:38 PM
How much is a kidney worth??

I guess I will need to stay around the 35K for now, I would go for a 2-3 year old Aston for £50K, but that's just me.

Dave

neilos100
23-06-2013, 10:54 PM
And that's the problem with hybrid cars...
Just to damned expensive to really make a difference. The technology maybe nearly there but the mass production prices certainly aren't.

Sent from my phone...

belly buster
24-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Hybrid model in the UK is a joke. Same price as a BiTDi and not much better mpg to boot.

They need to make a diesel hybrid. If they can get to 65mpg then that's a game changer.

man le-mans
26-06-2013, 10:37 PM
40-50k on a 2.0 tdi A6 is a silly price to pay for that car no matter what extras it has. That said I would pay 50k for a car but it has to be the right car. I come inches away last year from buying a XFR jag 6 mths old which was 45k and loaded with extras but when I checked how much that car was worth 2 years later I would have lost nearly 20k in that time which for me was to much to lose. That said I say if you can afford it and you want it then have it as you only live once

Inkblot
27-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Out of interest I just visited the Audi configurator to see just how expensive an A6 can be. Starting with a diesel Avant I simply went through ticking all the options and the most expensive option if there was more than one. Nobody would even do that of course but the end price is, quite honestly, frightening - £93,575 otr and that's assuming I didn't miss anything. That's over £40k of extras available to order which shows just how customisable modern cars can be and I guess it makes sure that there are few that are identical once you start adding in the extras on top of the basic spec.

As optional extras add little in the way of resale value (so I'm told) a car specced like that would be a bargain in a few years time!

man le-mans
27-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Out of interest I would like to know how much money was paid for the most spec car and I bet somewhere its on the black board at Audi to see if anyone can beat it