PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Reverse Camera (RVC) Help

vaslam1986
23-06-2013, 12:21 AM
The vehicle in question is an Audi A4 B7 2.0 tdi. It has already had the bluetooth, multifunction steerin wheel and cruise control retrofitted to it. I'm in the process of installing the rvc but i can't seem to get the RNS-E to pick up a signal of any sort.So, here's what i've done so far,

I'm installing an aftermarkert camera using kufatec's rvc interface item no: 36460 (http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/index.php?page=product&info=7657) I've fed the wiring through the boot of the car to the RNS-E. Ive wired it:

Video Loom:

Video Ground (Black wire) to pin 5
Video Input (Yellow) to pin 14

Add on Cable to pin 3 to C2 on quadlock

RNS-E Harness:

Can High: Tapped A9
Can Low: Tapped A10
Bauer Plus: Tapped A15
Masse: Tapped A12

Camera Wiring:

Red: Tapped A12
Black: Tapped A12

I then hooked the car up to VCDS, address 56 Radio, went to coding and changed the 2nd bit to 1 for lamborghini. Then went into adaption, channel 04 - Rear View Camera and gave it a New Value of 1. Then from the drop down menu in adaption i proceeded to system reset and changed the new value to 1 and hit TEST. The RNS-E restarted but on VCDS it comes up with error at the bottom where test result is. At this point the startup screen on the RNS-E has changed to the lamborghini logo and that's it. The auto switching doesn't work and also if i go into CD and click source, it only has CD and MP3 ( i assumed it would come up with another option to allow you to view the camera if auto switch doesn't work)

I furthered my investigations to find that the software version on my RNS-E was X---. I did a software downgrade and flashed the firmware with SW:0650 HW:075, tried again and still nothing. Here are the different coding for the retrofits i have done on the car. Can anyone tell me if they are correct. The vehicle is a UK spec, RHD, with MFSW, BT and cruise control retrofitted. The RNS-E part no is: 8E0 035 192 D

01: Address engine: 11463 (cruise)

16: steering wheel : 04041

17: instruments : 0006441

77: Telephone : 0011422

56: Radio : 0101715

So here's where I'm at, if there was a fault with the camera, should it come up with a blank screen at the least? is there a problem with my coding? I really don't know where the problem lies...any help would be greatly appreciated.

A4 Lad
28-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Turn it off and on [emoji1360]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk