PDA

View Full Version : MMI Screen creak

james_tiger_woo
22-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I've noticed that my MMI screen creaks a fair bit when deployed - I'll take it back to Audi to get it looked at as it's pretty annoying and getting worse, but am I alone in this?

JTW

kemalk
15-08-2013, 12:30 PM
You are not alone. That sound freaks me out. Did you take it back to Audi? What did they say if so? I am thinking of selling my car because of this annoying creaks from my screen.

I've noticed that my MMI screen creaks a fair bit when deployed - I'll take it back to Audi to get it looked at as it's pretty annoying and getting worse, but am I alone in this?

JTW

james_tiger_woo
15-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I'll be honest - I've not had the time to sort it yet, but it's pretty annoying.

To be fair, I only really notice when the family are in the car as when it's just me, I have the stereo on pretty loud :)

kemalk
15-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Maybe you update the forum if you ever take your car to service for this issue. I will also update you if I do anything about it.

james_tiger_woo
15-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I dealt with a world of crap with my golf, so I will this - If my employer could just leave me alone long enough :(

james_tiger_woo
18-09-2013, 12:18 PM
This is now booked in for a check - it's also booked in for a wind noise that I can hear from the rear passenger door....

Johnes
25-11-2013, 04:08 PM
I have exactly the same issue.that's really annoying! Is there any update?

Johnes
29-11-2013, 08:10 AM
ıt makes me mad! is anyone find a solution??

steaming
02-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Mine was the same creaking away driving me mad. Booked it in at Derby Audi 24.03 for attention.
Got my car back the same day and everything seemed fine, they had greased the mmi's mechanism.
Two days later drove to Leeds and back and the creaking was worse than before, took it back again the next day.
Just got it back again 01.04, this time they fitted me a new mmi mechanism.
Early days yet but seems to have cured it.
Customer service and hire cars at Derby Audi very good, they were very apologetic when I brought it back for the second time.

a8 tech
02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
various measure to rectify requiring noise dampening lubrication to the pin shaft and felt tape applied in certain areas

icebun
23-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Out of curiosity, I wonder how easy is it to get access the MMI. Did the dashboard have to come off in any way?