PDA

View Full Version : Golf Plus - Interior Lights Not Working ..

deadmonkey
15-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I've got an interior light that's not been working for ages. The fuses I've got are all ok, but I've got a strong feeling that I've got one missing from here? I'll be massively indebted if someone can show me theirs, as I've searched high and low in google images with no success at all.

Crasher
15-06-2013, 10:34 PM
That is not a Golf 5, it is a Touran with what looks like dodgy taxi wiring. What year Touran is it?

deadmonkey
15-06-2013, 11:35 PM
It's a UK 2008 Golf Plus. The dodgy wiring must have been courtesy of the Halfords bloke when he fitted a DAB unit, as other than that it's untinkered with since new. I inherited it from my dad and neither he or I have the knowledge or ability, hence I believe I removed one of the fuses because it had blown but I've never figured out which one it was, so those interior lights have never worked :)

Crasher
16-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I forgot about the Golf Plus (type 5M), it is a closer relative to the Touran (type 1T) than it is to the Golf 5 (type 1K), the Golf 5 has a quite different electrical architecture. My mind was not in a good place yesterday after way way too much excess in town on Friday night, well the wife was away...

Maybe you should ask a mod to relocate your posts to a new thread in the Golf Plus section so as to avoid confusion

Can you get the cars full type number (for example 5M1 021) so I can work out the electrics version?

Guest 2
16-06-2013, 01:22 PM
New thread created in Golf+ and posts moved ;)

deadmonkey
18-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Ok, thanks so much to both of you. Well if I'm reading this correctly, then my type is 1kz8w, that does tie up with how it's detailed on here:- VW VIN Codes - Club VeeDub (http://www.clubvw.org.au/vwvin)

Crasher
18-06-2013, 05:50 PM
In this instance the VIN in the screen is one you cannot get the type number from. In most cases the type number is used in the VIN but in the case of the Golf Plus 1K is Golf 5 and the Golf Plus is a 5M1 ??? which you will find on the data sticker in the service book and on the boot floor.

deadmonkey
18-06-2013, 06:40 PM
In this instance the VIN in the screen is one you cannot get the type number from. In most cases the type number is used in the VIN but in the case of the Golf Plus 1K is Golf 5 and the Golf Plus is a 5M1 ??? which you will find on the data sticker in the service book and on the boot floor.
Yes, of course you're spot on again. 5M1 024 in my case.

Crasher
18-06-2013, 11:50 PM
OK, where were we....:confused:

deadmonkey
19-06-2013, 08:36 AM
OK, where were we....:confused: It seems that there are two fuses for interior lights, because the footwell ones still work ok, but I believe that there was another one which had blown that was removed and now needs replacing, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be labelled in the list in my book :(

Crasher
19-06-2013, 05:19 PM
The glove compartment, luggage space, front and rear reading lights, main interior reading light and vanity mirror lights all get their power from what is known as point B559 and this is powered from the J519 Onboard supply control unit from plug K pin 10 on a 0.5-mm core (yes, half a millimetre) red/blue wire so check fuse 21 (7.5 amp) on the under dash fuse box (called SC) and fuse 3 (5 amp)in the under bonnet fuse box. There are two large 40 amp fuses on the under bonnet fuse box (SB) at positions 25 and 26 but if one of these blew I would expect many other things to not work and I would want to know why. If you are concerned about any spare slots, tell me the relevant slot numbers.

deadmonkey
19-06-2013, 07:56 PM
You were spot on! Number 21, which I can't see labelled in the table that refers to my model in my handbook. I don't have a spare yet, but borrowed one of the other mini blade fuses and as if by magic the lights sprang into life for the first time in about two years :) Would it be a good guess from your little sig that I can think you by means of a donation to help for heroes, or is there another place you'd prefer?

Guest 2
19-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Yeeeee haaaa! ;)