PDA

View Full Version : New Black GT 2.0 TDI

pango1in
15-06-2013, 12:02 PM
The car was delivered to the dealer late last night. We popped down to see it this morning with all its wrapping on.

Extras are satnav upgrade, winterpack, xenons (no DRLs), climate control and pearl paint. Looks to be no scratches or dents on the car. The wipers also seem to be ok - no streaking - time will tell, I suppose. Very excited. We get to pick up on Wednesday! :D:D:D:D:D

Some pics attached.

algarve
15-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Nice spec and colour..

pango1in
19-06-2013, 09:37 AM
7 hours to go until collection! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest 2
19-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Excellent make sure to post done fresh pics afterwards ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pango1in
19-06-2013, 10:16 PM

pango1in
19-06-2013, 10:17 PM

DW58
19-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Very nice.

Guest 2
20-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Very nice indeed - enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pango1in
20-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I am very pleased with the car. Will take a bit of getting used to from the old car (Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 diesel), but the ride is very comfortable and far more refined.

My only niggles are dealer based at the moment:
1. I have a mild wiper problem, which I hope won't get worse. Dealer just brushed it off.
2. I also feel as though I was pressured into buying Autoglym by the salesman, saying that the monthly price wouldn't decrease as a result of not having it... so why not? However, when inspecting the car, there were some whirl marks. Not many I grant you, but there none the less. They have said that they will take the car back in and reapply which should sort the problem. TBH, I'd rather have my money back.

We'll see how the MPG holds up, but I managed 55mpg on a small country and urban run yesterday, so things are looking good.

maisbitt
20-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Pango1in:

Wiper issues with VW in recent years are commonplace since they moved to Valeo wipers. Would it be a small smear/void on the downward stroke on the drivers side by any chance? Same with my Scirocco and a few people have reported it with their Golfs. Change blade to Bosch Aerotwin to see a hell of a difference (why can't VW supply ones that work properly in the first place?

The only way Autoglym wouldn't add any more to your monthly figure is if it enhanced your "guaranteed future value" on finance to the same degree as it's cost. Can't see that happening personally. The huge cost is swallowed up by the "warranty" and the salesman's cut. Autoglym and GAP are huge commission drivers for the salesmen - they can pick up about £120 commission when you take them up. You can actually buy the Autoglym protection packs fromebay for about £16 if you apply the stuff yourself, although you won't get the warranty coverage (for what it's worth). The glass treatment lasts about 6 months. The upholstery treatment is of greatest benefit.

pango1in
20-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi Maisbitt,

It's exactly that problem with the wipers. I've seen several post on this forum, and others, about the poor quality of the wipers. I'm just waiting for Bosch ones to be available - I wasn't aware that they were yet??

Like I said... the salesperson was quite insistant that I take the Autoglym. It did sound like **** and bull when he was discussing its impact on the final sales price. According to him, the monthly lease price would be the same with or without the Autoglym (they'll make their money one way or another...). In the end I took it just to shut him up. I wish I hadn't now as there are scratches on the car.

Apparently, these scratches MUST be in the resin and can't be on the paint. I'm worried that, if I take it back into them, they'll cover them up, only to be revealed again at a later date when I give the car a good wash and clay. I would say I'm disappointed with Lifeshine, to say the least.

Still love the car though ;)

maisbitt
20-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I didn't mean that the VW dealer will now replace with Bosch - chances are that after the 2nd or 3rd set of replacement Valeo wipers that the dealership provide (in between blaming the windscreen and rubbing it with a chemical that'll last until you next wash the car, you'll probably get ****** off and put the Bosch Aerotwins on yourself. Eurocarparts are usually amongst the cheapest - about £17 for the front pair.

I'd be looking for your money back on the autoglym: if the scratches are in the polish resin then it's not very hard wearing, and if they're in the paint then the dealership has obviously applied it with a dirty/gritty cloth. It's not fit for purpose if it's sratched already.

pango1in
20-06-2013, 01:31 PM
You make an excellent point on the Autoglym. I'm worried about having to give them the opportunity to rectify the situation. Is the Autoglym Lifeshine treatment just the Super Resin Polish followed bythe Extra Gloss Protection?

Re: the wipers - I wasn't aware that MK7 Bosch Aeros were available at all yet. All references on the Bosch site and Eurocarparts are to the Mk6. Will these fit?

maisbitt
20-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Keeping the car scratch-free is critical on the darker colours - they really show up imperfections. Insist they take it off the exterior (without damaging your paintwork!) and give you your money back seeing as it doesn't appear to be protecting the car and you were brow-beaten into taking it.

The wipers aren't critically dedicated to one car variant. Unless there have been massive differences in the windscreen dimensions and rake, or wiper arm linkage changes between MK6 and MK7 (which there haven't been), I would expect the MK6 ones to be fine on the MK7 (just check that the recommended lengths for each wiper arm on both cars are the same - drivers side 5 or 6" longer than passenger side?). My "Scirocco" ones were the same model in the Bosch range as those recommended for the MK6 Golf.

pango1in
20-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I've just phoned Eurocarparts and they've put a set aside for me to try for fit on Saturday.

I feel a fight coming on about Autoglym. Ho-hum.:rolleyes:

DW58
20-06-2013, 03:39 PM
GTechniq's (http://www.gtechniq.com) glass treatments knock spots off of anything by Autoglym, are very easily applied and work brilliantly.

SC03OTT
20-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Reapplying the Autoglym will only cover/fill the swirls. It won't get rid of them.

Pommyboi
20-06-2013, 05:04 PM
GTechniq's (http://www.gtechniq.com) glass treatments knock spots off of anything by Autoglym, are very easily applied and work brilliantly.

If they don't resolve it to your satisfaction you could try insisting they pay for someone of your choosing to fix the paintwork as suggested above.

pango1in
28-06-2013, 12:34 PM
To my amazement, the dealer has offered me a full refund on the Autoglym Lifeshine. The cheque should be in the post.

Now I just have to convince the wife that those planned replacement products/paint correction are all worth it!

maisbitt
28-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Good result - although I should reserve congratulations until the cheque is in your hand! Are they going to take the applied stuff off for you too (maybe giving the car a claybar treatment)?

I've just bought some GTechniq stuff for myself - C2V3 sealant, the upholstery treatment and the wash shampoo stuff (G-wash?). Haven't tried them out yet but reports on their stuff are unanimously good.

DW58
28-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I've been using GTechniq products since I got my Mk.6 Golf in Oct 2010 - can't praise their products highly enough - I'll be giving the Mk.7 the full treatment as soon as it arrives.

pango1in
29-06-2013, 04:15 AM
I've been using GTechniq products since I got my Mk.6 Golf in Oct 2010 - can't praise their products highly enough - I'll be giving the Mk.7 the full treatment as soon as it arrives.

That's exactly what I was intending on getting. Wash with G1, clay, P1, Panel wipe, then maybe C1 and Exo v2 or just the Exo v2. The results behind Gtechniq are very well documented on youtube.

yesnaby
29-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi,

My (ex) wife used to wash her black car once a year, usually just before MOT/service!

Michael