PDA

View Full Version : lane assist (crosspost)

lozzer
15-06-2013, 12:26 AM
there is a setting in the assist setup where you can tick/untick adaptive lane guidance.

When untucked my lane assist works fine.

What does ticking/enabling that option achieve?

thanks

yesnaby
15-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Hello,

Can you post a photo of the tick box? I do not have this option. Perhaps you have different software/hardware to the rest of us! As well as this being missing, I also do not have the 'Show traffic sign recognition in MFD' option (despite having Lane assist) as discussed elsehere.

Michael

lozzer
15-06-2013, 06:32 PM

yesnaby
15-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Hi, Thanks for a very clear and useful picture. I checked with my car and I do in fact have the 'Adaptive lane guidance' tick box. But the two tick boxes relating to Traffic sign recognition are completely missing. At the moment I have two main dealers aware of and working on the problem, your picture will help as providing evidence that the traffic signs can be shown in the MFD.

bcadge
16-06-2013, 08:15 AM
The Adaptive Lane Guidance option attempts to keep you in the same place within the lane - without this the system only intervenes if you are about to drift out of the lane (cross the lines). It's most useful on Motorways - less effective on other roads.

The Traffic Sign Recognition options are only available with the Discover Pro system, not with the Discover Media (despite early brochures & pricelists stating otherwise).

yesnaby
16-06-2013, 08:55 AM
The Adaptive Lane Guidance option attempts to keep you in the same place within the lane - without this the system only intervenes if you are about to drift out of the lane (cross the lines). It's most useful on Motorways - less effective on other roads.

The Traffic Sign Recognition options are only available with the Discover Pro system, not with the Discover Media (despite early brochures & pricelists stating otherwise).

But I have Discover Pro.