PDA

View Full Version : golf mk4 tdi airbag light and abs light

swally34
13-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi there recently acquired a mk4 golf 1.9 tdi to run around in (lovely to drive). However I have on the dash the airbag light on and the abs light and the mot is due in afew months so would fail with these on. Does anyone know how I could resolve these a mate at work has a vag com and has hooked it up he found an error in vag com and cleared it now when I turned ignition on the airbag light comes on after about 2 sec before was on straight away didn't flash so something has happened. But he couldn't see anything relating to abs light guessing probably a sensor somewhere?

Any help appreciated?

Thanks.

bearthebruce
14-06-2013, 01:27 PM
The only real way to help you is with the scan details. If your mate would save a full autoscan from the car, then we might be able to give you more information concerning where to look and begin the diagnostics...

swally34
14-06-2013, 09:12 PM
The only real way to help you is with the scan details. If your mate would save a full autoscan from the car, then we might be able to give you more information concerning where to look and begin the diagnostics...

hi bearthebruce I will ask him if he can do this. thanks.