PDA

View Full Version : Is "Audi Complete" worth it?

Bash D Bishop
11-06-2013, 01:02 AM
I do approximately 15,000 miles a year and this figure has been used Audi Solutions Finance agreement. The dealer has offered service and maintenance for an additional £40 per month and for £60 it will include tyres. These figures are based on 45,000 or 3 years.

I know Q7s are renowned for eating tyres but I'm not sure if my 3.0 245 PS Allroad will be as bad. I know a lot will depend on how hard I am on the car but if the truth be told my driving style has moderated quite a bit over the years so I drive less enthusiastically than I once did. My driving is a mix of rural A and B roads and dual-carriageways and m-ways. My Disco 3 has done 74,000 and is only its third set of tyres (including the originals) and the set that are on have probably got another 15,000 miles in them at least.

Looking at prices for 18 inch 235/55 shows them to be around £190. If I take the tyres option on Complete I’ll fork out £720 over the 3 years. That means I would need to have the tyres replaced twice to justify the costs.

The £480 a year for servicing and maintenance sounds reasonable but as I have no idea what Audi servicing costs over 45,000 that could also be an expensive folly.

Anyone taken out one of these plans and have a view on whether they are VFM?

Guest 2
11-06-2013, 06:40 AM
You may want to have a look at this - Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?146044-Audi-Complete-Tyres-Servicing-Pack&highlight=Complete+tyres)

Allroad_2013
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd be interested to know what tyre life expectancy is for a 245 Allroad. As they're 4 wheel drive with a rear wheel bias, do the rears wear more quickly?

Guest 2
11-06-2013, 08:02 PM
It all depends on how you drive and which tyre is fitted.

I had 30k out of a set of Michelin PS2 255/35/19 on my 3.0 TDi quattro A6.

BigAid
11-06-2013, 11:08 PM
If I could have bought it I would. - I got an ex-demo with 1,700 on it so wasn't allowed.

I've put 37,500 on it since Oct 11.

I do a lot of motorway miles I've generally had between 15 - 18k out of Michelin Pilot Super Sports / Pirelli P-Zeros on 20" Rotors. This is switching them around 1.8 (legal limit is 1.6).

My tire size. 255/35 R20 97Y XL

I've got a 3.0Tdi Quattro with Sports Diff and I'm going through rear tyres 3/4k faster than the fronts which shocked me the first time it happened. I'm rotating 2/3 way through now so averaging equal.

(I was used to 20k on the front and 40k on the rear with a 2.0ltr FWD S-Line / 2.0ltr FWD SE on 18" Michelin Pilot Sports)

My First service cost £470

Admittedly you'll only get 1 service and 2 sets of tyres I'd have thought but tyres will be £200-£280 each depending on brand. So a couple of sets is 2k and with the service gets you your money. - also spreads out the big bills and allows changing tyres with more grip.

What wouldn't be covered but to give you an idea on costs:

My Second service - it's in now and will be £1000 - normal 2nd variable service £450ish, £250ish extra for DSG oil, £250ish extra for a set of front pads.

I'm getting to try out a BiTurbo Avant with the HUD as there are no brake pads in the country for mine :-). It sounds really nice and so much more power than the 245 - but see that diesel gauge go down!

I would definitely recommend a 3rd party tyre insurance pack - you can only get them when a vehicle is bought form a garage or the tyres are assessed by a 3rd party an no claims in the first month.

I paid £300 for accidental damage cover / malicious damage cover up to 5 tyres over 3 years - there are a couple of companies on the web doing it.

It paid for itself in 1 tyre - first one was a puncture in a school carpark from a staple of all things and worked well as it was about 2mm at the time - 2nd two were a year later in the space of a month - heartbreaking as it was a sidewall bulge from hitting a huge pothole in the snow at speed on the A43 on a brand new tyre I'd just paid for a week before. That and then the replacement went within a month - both with unrepairable punctures - non since thankfully.

HSingh
11-06-2013, 11:53 PM
This is interesting I'm also contemplating the Audi complete service pack - which covers services maintenance and tyres - currently been quotes approx £56 per month. I'm seriously considering it.

I reckon I would do about 15k miles per year and going buy the threads in the forum service costs can be anything from £260 upwards. Tyres for a B.E £300+ so over the course of three years I would think 4 tyres and a couple of services would see me cover my costs.

ultimately as quite rightly said in the forum it all depends on individual driving style resulting in tyre wear. I don't really consider myself as a boy racer and considering the very high mileage people are getting out of their tyres I'm thinking I can see myself claiming for at least 4 tyres over the 3 years. The real pushing point for me though is the current experience I've had with my current car and loss of tyres due to nails/screws.... I've lost a minimum of 3 tyres to nails (one of which was around a month old) on the edge of the tyres, 2 to pot holes and 4 to normal wear, and that's not including the amount of puncture repairs I've had done.

I am sceptical about the terms & conditions. But i shall be asking the dealer can clarify matters for me. (Hopefully he will do a better job then he did about the AMI cables)

Doctle Odd
12-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I suppose if you consider what Audi pays for stuff like oil, tyres and filters etc compared to what Joe Public pays added to the low mileage people that don't wear out tyres etc it's a no brainer for Audi and their customers.

Bash D Bishop
12-06-2013, 09:42 AM
What wouldn't be covered but to give you an idea on costs:

My Second service - it's in now and will be £1000 - normal 2nd variable service £450ish, £250ish extra for DSG oil, £250ish extra for a set of front pads.
I might be misunderstanding what you are saying as the way I reading the above statement is that you don't think those items are covered. But they are in the full service, maintenance and tyres package. Basically it is like leasing a car with full maintenance included. The only think that is not clear in the T&Cs is unrepairable punctures. I'd need to understand the position if, for example, I had a puncture in a tyre with 3mm left and it could not be repaired. I'd be very hacked off if they said it wasn't covered.

BigAid
12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Sorry my mistake - was thinking about a 3yr / 30k deal which would have excluded the 40k service.

3yr / 45k would include it :-)

mark86
26-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone,
Although this is my first post, I have been looking at the forum for quite a while now and found it really helpful.
Last Friday I took delivery of a brand new 2.0 Multitronic A6 Black Edition and was quoted £33.19 for Audi Complete.
That’s for Service + Maintenance for 4 years with 13k annual millage limit (4.8p excess per mile).
That works out 48 x £33.19 = £1593.12.
The salesman reckons it’s 10% below retail and its inflation proof. I suppose you also get peace of mind free J
What do you think? Would it really save me some money?
Thanks
PS. The car is out of this world! I can’t believe I actually considered getting BMW 5 series instead J

Whippy53
26-03-2014, 12:45 PM
First off, hi, and welcome. When you realise that your fourth service alone may cost in the realm of a grand, its bloody good value. Plus peace of mind, no big bills at service time I reckon you can sleep easy my friend. Color? Spec?.

mark86
26-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Color? Spec?.

- Phantom Black, standard black leather, 20" Rotors
- Advanced key with non-electric hands-free boot opening system
- All-LED headlights including adaptive light and high-beam assist
- Ambient lighting
- Audi Parking System Advanced with rear reversing camera
- Deletion of model and technology designation at rear
- Deluxe 4-zone automatic air conditioning
- Heated front and rear seats
- Leather covered door armrests
- 75-litre fuel tank
- Door mirrors – auto-dimming, electrically adjustable, folding and heated
- Technology package
- Through-load facility with removable ski/snowboard bag

will post some pics when I get a chance

fest0r
27-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Hello everyone,
Although this is my first post, I have been looking at the forum for quite a while now and found it really helpful.
Last Friday I took delivery of a brand new 2.0 Multitronic A6 Black Edition and was quoted £33.19 for Audi Complete.
That’s for Service + Maintenance for 4 years with 13k annual millage limit (4.8p excess per mile).
That works out 48 x £33.19 = £1593.12.
The salesman reckons it’s 10% below retail and its inflation proof. I suppose you also get peace of mind free J
What do you think? Would it really save me some money?
Thanks
PS. The car is out of this world! I can’t believe I actually considered getting BMW 5 series instead J

Very interesting and I would snap that up right away. I had previously decided against it with a quote over 3 years/12000 miles per year at £30 per month as I would be forced onto the variable schedule. I was reconsidering this though, but I would definitely take your deal with that potentially expensive fourth year covered.

I had been told Audi Complete was only for the first 3 years. Are you sure this wasn’t a quote for a dealership cover plan? Maybe they only do 4 years on the two wheel drive 2L?

johnsimcox
27-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Very interesting and I would snap that up right away. I had previously decided against it with a quote over 3 years/12000 miles per year at £30 per month as I would be forced onto the variable schedule. I was reconsidering this though, but I would definitely take your deal with that potentially expensive fourth year covered.

I had been told Audi Complete was only for the first 3 years. Are you sure this wasn’t a quote for a dealership cover plan? Maybe they only do 4 years on the two wheel drive 2L?
Also remember that after 3 years the car is eligible for Audi's fixed price servicing. It also pays to shop around, I called 2 dealers yesterday to get the cost of an oil and inspection service (car has done 18k miles), one quoted £413 the other £326 and the dealers are only about 10 miles apart.

fest0r
27-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Good point:

Fixed price services < Servicing and MOT < Owners Area < Audi (http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/fixed-price-services.html)

I see it only applies to 2 litres or under though which will rule me out… I’m going to get reamed lol

For me the fourth year might include a major service, gearbox oil change and brake pads so it would probably be a good option at £400 per year. I guess that’s why they will only give me 3 years.

Audi Complete < Audi service plans: new vehicles < Audi service plans < Warranties, service plans and insurance < Owners Area (http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/audi-insurance-warranties-and-service-plans/audi-service-plans/audi-service-plans-new-vehicles/audi-complete.html)

I would also love dealers just 10 miles apart. My 3 local dealers are spread over 70 miles and owned by the same group :aargh4:

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Good point:

Fixed price services < Servicing and MOT < Owners Area < Audi (http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/fixed-price-services.html)

I see it only applies to 2 litres or under though which will rule me out… I’m going to get reamed lol

For me the fourth year might include a major service, gearbox oil change and brake pads so it would probably be a good option at £400 per year. I guess that’s why they will only give me 3 years.

Audi Complete < Audi service plans: new vehicles < Audi service plans < Warranties, service plans and insurance < Owners Area (http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/audi-insurance-warranties-and-service-plans/audi-service-plans/audi-service-plans-new-vehicles/audi-complete.html)

I would also love dealers just 10 miles apart. My 3 local dealers are spread over 70 miles and owned by the same group :aargh4:

But like a stuck record, surely in the 4th year you'd be going Indy?

fest0r
27-03-2014, 10:39 AM
But like a stuck record, surely in the 4th year you'd be going Indy?

I took out the extended 5 year warranty.

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 10:40 AM
I took out the extended 5 year warranty.

Does that make a difference?

fest0r
27-03-2014, 10:53 AM
The car needs to be serviced to the manufacturer schedule to keep the warranty valid. I know with block exemption it’s not essential, but I suppose it’s for the same reasons others get Audi servicing for the first 3 years. I don’t want to invalidate the warranty because a washer/filter/gasket or other get-out was missed by an independent.

I also want any updates done and warranty work picked up asap. I’m sure it will cost me more, but I like the peace of mind.

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 11:56 AM
I’m going to get reamed lol

As long as you can see the funny side.

retired99
27-03-2014, 03:44 PM
The car needs to be serviced to the manufacturer schedule to keep the warranty valid. I know with block exemption it’s not essential, but I suppose it’s for the same reasons others get Audi servicing for the first 3 years. I don’t want to invalidate the warranty because a washer/filter/gasket or other get-out was missed by an independent.

I also want any updates done and warranty work picked up asap. I’m sure it will cost me more, but I like the peace of mind.

I would look carefully at going outside of Audi dealerships in respect of the additional warranty. I have a suspicion that block exemption is only applicable to the manufacturers warranty and the warranty extension might be classed as another product such as insurance.

johnsimcox
27-03-2014, 04:44 PM
I would look carefully at going outside of Audi dealerships in respect of the additional warranty. I have a suspicion that block exemption is only applicable to the manufacturers warranty and the warranty extension might be classed as another product such as insurance.

Good point. The manufacturers warranty is only for 2 years, the third year is a dealer warranty (in effect Audi uk) and they could get difficult if something happened in year 3 and the car had been serviced outside the dealer network. Wuffles has also raised the question, as yet unanswered, about how you get the electronic service record updated outside of the dealer network.

I am first in the queue when trying to save money but I am amazed how people are happy to spend £30k+ on a car and the skimp when it comes to maintaining that investment

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Good point. The manufacturers warranty is only for 2 years, the third year is a dealer warranty (in effect Audi uk) and they could get difficult if something happened in year 3 and the car had been serviced outside the dealer network.

Seriously, I did NOT know that. Wow. I should listen more. The Wife's been going on about getting rid of the car before the warranty runs out, and given the service she's had from Audi UK I can understand the panic now.

Cheers John, genuinely surprised by that. And reading the "in detail" on Audi website is interesting too regarding mileages. Puts most other marques in the big league in comparison doesn't it.

Is it the same with VW does anyone know? Edit: it's the same.

Also, there's no mention of "this does not affect your statutory rights" unless you delve into the deeper stuff, I wonder how the Sale of Goods Act work with them - oh wait, I know that already :(

retired99
27-03-2014, 05:05 PM
I am first in the queue when trying to save money but I am amazed how people are happy to spend £30k+ on a car and the skimp when it comes to maintaining that investment

I

Agreed, when you consider that depreciation and finance costs are going to be in the order of,say, £4k to £6k ( depending on model) pa over a three year period, then there's fuel, tyres, insurance,and RFL servicing costs are marginal.

I've got the standard 3yr warranty plus a one year extension so will stay in the Audi network for at least 4 years. Even after that I'll probably stay in as I might get a 'goodwill' contribution from Audi in the event of an expensive failure.

johnsimcox
27-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Seriously, I did NOT know that. Wow. I should listen more. The Wife's been going on about getting rid of the car before the warranty runs out, and given the service she's had from Audi UK I can understand the panic now.

Cheers John, genuinely surprised by that. And reading the "in detail" on Audi website is interesting too regarding mileages. Puts most other marques in the big league in comparison doesn't it.

Is it the same with VW does anyone know? Edit: it's the same.

Also, there's no mention of "this does not affect your statutory rights" unless you delve into the deeper stuff, I wonder how the Sale of Goods Act work with them - oh wait, I know that already :(

I think it is the case for most manufacturers. EU legislation requires all manufacturers to give 2 years. Anything beyond that is down to the manufacturer and in the in country retail operation (importer/dealer network)

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 05:32 PM
From what I can tell, with minor googling, only VAG vehicles do that 2 year + 1 year thing, although I suppose they amount to the same as a 3 year limited mileage.

BMW - The BMW Three Year Unlimited Mileage Dealer Warranty offers complete protection against almost every eventuality and includes BMW Emergency Service.

Renault - Your new Renault is covered by a 4 year warranty package – the first 2 years unlimited mileage and the third and fourth years are limited to 100,000 miles.

Toyota - 5 years or 100,000* miles from new, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year.

Jaguar - Enjoy the reassurance of our three-year manufacturer’s warranty when you collect your new Jaguar.

Hyundai -

A manufacturer backed, unlimited mileage, 5 Year Warranty which protects against manufacturing defect**
Five year's Roadside Assistance Programme (http://www.hyundai.co.uk/misc-pages/five_year_triple_care/roadside_assistance_programme).
Five Years AnnualVehicle Healthchecks

Ford - 3 year 60k

Volvo - 3 year 60k

Toyota looks good, but Lexus is 3 years 60k. Odd.

Anyone think of any other companies? Mind's gone blank.

retired99
27-03-2014, 05:48 PM
From what I can tell, with minor googling, only VAG vehicles do that 2 year + 1 year thing, ..............................

I'm pretty sure BMW is a 2yr manufacturer warranty with the third year covered by the importer, perhaps via insurance, on exactly equal terms. How they deliver the warranty to the owner ' behind the scenes' is of no consequence to the owner as long as the cover is exactly the same and with the same conditions.

I know that MB cover the third year via the importer / insurance route. I believe Porsche only offer 2 years warranty, at least they did a couple of years back when I was looking at a Porsche.

Be interesting to see how warranties change in the marketplace as I'm sure the 5 year / 7year warranties coming from some manufacturers are a big sales point.

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure BMW is a 2yr manufacturer warranty with the third year covered by the importer, perhaps via insurance, on exactly equal terms. How they deliver the warranty to the owner ' behind the scenes' is of no consequence to the owner as long as the cover is exactly the same and with the same conditions.

I know that MB cover the third year via the importer / insurance route. I believe Porsche only offer 2 years warranty, at least they did a couple of years back when I was looking at a Porsche.

Be interesting to see how warranties change in the marketplace as I'm sure the 5 year / 7year warranties coming from some manufacturers are a big sales point.

I suddenly really like Toyota...do they do any nice cars?

BMW offer unlimited mileage (as I pasted above) which is one better. No mention of the 3rd year being with someone else, but worded differently I guess.

I do like a warranty, just wasn't expecting to use it quite as much as we have on a brand new Audi.

johnsimcox
27-03-2014, 06:28 PM
My understanding (I am sure I will be corrected!) is that the EU 2 year compulsory warranty is actually unlimited. Therefore if your Audi does more than 60k in the first 2 years the 3rd year warranty does not apply, likewise with other brands offering a mileage limited warranty for more than 2 years.

Warranty duration seems to change to affect the target market. Premium brands tend to be bought new by companies (directly or via leasing companies) and typically are only kept for 3 years, hence a 3 year warranty. Korean cars are typically bought new by private individuals and kept for much longer hence the attractiveness of a longer warranty. Also on my wife's Golf (and this is the case for all VWs other than the Phaeton) you get 3 years warranty but only 1 year roadside assistance (Phaeton gets 3 years)

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 06:47 PM
My understanding (I am sure I will be corrected!) is that the EU 2 year compulsory warranty is actually unlimited. Therefore if your Audi does more than 60k in the first 2 years the 3rd year warranty does not apply, likewise with other brands offering a mileage limited warranty for more than 2 years.

Warranty duration seems to change to affect the target market. Premium brands tend to be bought new by companies (directly or via leasing companies) and typically are only kept for 3 years, hence a 3 year warranty. Korean cars are typically bought new by private individuals and kept for much longer hence the attractiveness of a longer warranty. Also on my wife's Golf (and this is the case for all VWs other than the Phaeton) you get 3 years warranty but only 1 year roadside assistance (Phaeton gets 3 years)

Yes that's exactly the wording. So effectively a 2 year warranty on VAG vehicles if you're a high mileage person.

I'll check Skoda & Seat now. Edit: all the same.

fest0r
27-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Just cancelled my a6 order… going for a Corsa :D

Vehicle Warranty & Assistance | 100,000 Mile Lifetime Warranty - Vauxhall Motors UK (http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_services/warranty_assistance/vauxhall_lifetime_warranty.html)

Wuffles
27-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Bueno!

fest0r
27-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Bueno!

Alegrar! :D

mark86
28-03-2014, 02:00 PM
When you realise that your fourth service alone may cost in the realm of a grand, its bloody good value.

Will I get to the fourth service within the 48 month plan though? If I'm doing 13k a year and the car is set to variable schedule (19k/2years)?

mark86
28-03-2014, 02:06 PM
I had been told Audi Complete was only for the first 3 years. Are you sure this wasn’t a quote for a dealership cover plan?

I was looking at salesman's computer screen and he could select between 3 and 4 year plan and specify amount of miles covered each year.

mark86
28-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Also remember that after 3 years the car is eligible for Audi's fixed price servicing.
That's interesting, I thought it's for any Audi car as long it's more than 3 years old.

Guest 2
28-03-2014, 02:12 PM
That's interesting, I thought it's for any Audi car as long it's more than 3 years old.

Up to and including 2.0 over 3yrs old, dealer discretion whether they honour the prices on higher engine cars.

mark86
28-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Just cancelled my a6 order… going for a Corsa :D

yeah right:D remember that Corsa is just a car... A6 is a SPACESHIP!:D --> Audi A6 TV Commercial - "Alien" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89uJz_us4PM)

Whippy53
28-03-2014, 03:01 PM
At the very least it,s going to need a gearbox oil change at 38k. I shudder to think of leaving engine oil in for two years but that's just me!

mark86
31-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to go ahead and sign up for Audi complete. Maybe it won't save me loads but I don't think I get robbed either :D plus I don't have to worry for 4 years.