PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 B7 2008 Cabriolet roof will not unlatch

27mart
07-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi,
My wifes A4 cabriolet roof is locked in the open position, (roof fully down). It will not unlatch electrically from the centre console switch. Vcds is showing 02000 - Switch Position: Implausible Signal. Checked mvb 001 and this indicates all switches are ok, output test also seems to complete ok (can hear the relays or switches activating) as it cycles through each one.

I have located the manual key from behind the fuse cover and inserted into the manual release socket between the rear seats (upper of ski compartment). Key is inserted correctly, twisted a quarter turn and locked off by turning the red bit of the handle 1.5 turns. The key fails to turn counter clockwise no matter how hard i try to turn it, the key will only turn some 20degrees or so with alot of resistance.
Obviously i do not wish to use any hand tools to increase the torque with fear of breaking something and making things worse.

Cannot see the mechanism to apply lubricating oil and unsure of what to try next.
If anyone has any suggestions, it will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Martin

27mart
08-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi,
Not to be detoured by such things, have had another look this morning.
It would seem that the manual unlock is only possible when the windows are down to the required position.
This can be checked with the VCDS MVB's. I opted to fully open all windows rather than estimate the position
which the control modules positions them.
Having opened the windows fully the rear cover will now unlatch utilising the manual key positioned in the manual release socket between the rear seats.
Tried the centre console button but nothing working, cleared the trouble code 02000 with vcds but still no joy, vcds is now reporting

03245 - Canopy Position Implausible
008 - Implausible Signal

Which according to rosstech is the motor or wiring. Cleared the DTC to see if it re-occurs...

I progressed to close and open the canopy manually three or four cycles locking and unlocking with the manual key as necessary.
I also lubricated the mechanical joints (they had plastic washers so should not really require it) anyway seems smoother in operation now.
Once this had been competed the roof would now open and close automatically, just to make sure tried this 3 times and all ok.

Unsure why the canopy refused to unlock in the first instance but at least it seams to be ok for the moment.

Hope this helps others who come across this issue.
Regards