PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A4 Convertible Roof (2002) - Not working, then works, then stops!! Please help!

pdl130l
05-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Hello all.

I will try to keep this as short as possible! - OK, roof was working fine, one day opened it (had kitchen roll on top) the hood moved but boot lid didnt. Took it to Audi Exeter - they said they needed more time to work out. So...I started searching the forums. Today, I removed the boot lid shelf and set the switch (on right hand side) to on by using a rubber band. Cables looked ok ish but by the looks of things, this just allows you to have more space in boot(?).

Put it all back, pressed and hey presto, it worked! It opened then closed up untill the windows needed to go up!? Then, with the roof locked in a closed position, turn on the ignition and the beeeeep noise warning you the roof is not secure :aargh4:. Manually opened, shut, opened, shut (you get the idea) and still no good. Put the roof (manually) to open and no beeeep - but it wouldn't return just flashed the "hood" light. Closed it (manually) and the beeep was back. Took the car out for an hour (school run!) got back, manually reset again and the roof worked automatically...opened, closed and stopped when the windows didnt go up! Flipping beeeep is back on!!

Other faults:

Boot sometimes locks and unlocks but intermittent - not sure if any connection?

Ive tried what the other posts have suggested but not seen one with this fault!

Any advice, help would be hugely appreciated...im stuck :zx11:

fourringsrus
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Not sure about this fault but you may get more response in the A4 B6 Section