PDA

View Full Version : Warning triangle, first aid kit and fire extinguisher

j12000
04-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Just taken delivery of Golf 7 1.4 tsi act GT.

The handbook page 357 says there is a warning triangle in a holder in the tailgate, and that there may be a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I do not seem to have any of these things. Should any or all of these safety accessories be there?

algarve
04-06-2013, 02:26 PM
No unless VWUK have suddenly become generous.. Not supplied with my Golf 7 and come to think of it not supplied in the last few VWs I've had.

dickt
04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
None with my Mk 7 and none with my Mk 5.

maisbitt
05-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Something Audi get but VW don't, not in the UK at least.

Fire extinguisher in the boot? By the time you get to it the car would already be going up or at least throwing out all kind of toxic fumes. In the event of a fire i'd just be wanting to get everyone out of the car ASAP, stand well back and call the fire brigade. Not worth risking your life over trying to save a car - leave it to the professionals to put the fire out and let insurance cover the damage.

bdb
07-06-2013, 10:30 AM
VW probably provide items that are a legal requirement in the country in which the car is sold. The UK has the least stringent requirements in Europe and this probably accounts for the lack of items in UK cars. In Austria for example it is a legal requirement to carry a warning triangle, reflective jacket(s) and first aid kit. Fire extinguishers are compulsory in a small number of countries (possibly including Belgium) and are recommended in many others.