PDA

View Full Version : Attention Audi A4 Avant B8 2.0 TDI 140 at dealer with broken clutch pedal!

CleverProducts
03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
First post, not really a question but more a testimonial about Harrogate Audi. Although if anyone has had the same problems do share.

This is what I posted to Audi on facebook.

"Last April I started my own business at which point I owned a VW Golf Mk4 1.6, I've always liked the look of Audi's and knew that I would own one at some point when I could afford it.

I first walked into a dealer (Audi Harrogate) in November 2012 where despite being 18 they were very helpful and took all my details. After leaving I had the same sales rep ringing me up to 5 times a day for a good few weeks after which put me off for a while as I'd already told him I wasn't ready to buy one.

A few months on January this year my business was doing great and I managed to get enough help to purchase outright a preowned 2008 Audi A4 Avant S Line 2.0 TDI with just 39,000 on the clock, 12 months warranty and obviously I was very happy about it. I spent a lot of time researching which one to buy as I originally wanted an Automatic but had seen a lot of bad reviews on them breaking and Audi not footing the bill even at really low mileage so I bought a manual.

11,000 miles on and here we are in May, my business had got a bit quiet and I now have access to a van so I put the Audi up for sale. Whilst for sale I went to start the car after not driving it for 1 day and I put the clutch pedal to the floor to start it and the mechanism snapped! I had the vehicle recovered on the 22nd May to where I bought it from (Audi Harrogate) at which point they told me they wouldn't be able to look at it until the 31st May and wouldn't be able to offer me a courtesy car until the 4th June. So obviously over the last week being without a vehicle I have lost about £200 a day not being able to travel!

They called me today saying that my clutch needs replacing it isn't covered by the warranty and that they need authorisation to start the work as there would be a £1400 bill! My car has done 50,000 miles and they're telling me the clutch has gone even though I know it hasn't and on top of this they told me "they could smell burning clutch" which I know is absolute lies because my clutch was absolutely fine and I know the smell of burning clutch. So I thought I'd speak to the sales manager to see if he would buy the car back at a reasonable price because they wouldn't accept that the clutch was fine to which he of course said no I either authorise the work or collect the car (which doesn't work!).

At this moment in time I cannot afford the bill, another car or even to have it collected (due to not having a car and losing so much money) and they're lying about the clutch needing replacing.
I bought a low mileage Audi for piece of mind and now I'm in a worse position then I've ever been in and they're not interested in the slightest!

I doubt I'll get to any favourable outcome from this with Audi but I just thought I'd let people know what they're letting themselves in for and I know that this has put me off dealing direct with Audi for life!"
My uncle has spoken to them too and managed to get them to do the clutch at their apparent "cost" which is £1000 but I'm still not convinced the clutch has gone therefore I will be getting the car independently inspected at a local garage and if there is nothing wrong with the clutch taking them to small claims court.

P.S. if there is a rule on not linking in posts then please don't remove just get in touch and I'll make a donation to the forum.

Thanks.

Guest 2
03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Get Customer Services involved - 0800 699 888

Things seem to progress better and more in your favour when they get involved.

Welcome to VWAF ;)

CleverProducts
03-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi Chris, thanks :)

I've been in touch with Audi UK but they're backing the dealers decision and ignoring what I'm saying. They have told me to get it independently inspected by "Dekra" but with me losing all trust in Audi I'm choosing to bring it to a local garage and do it that way.

c.grex
04-06-2013, 07:11 AM
I wouldn't use facebook to raise issues like this. I just think it doesn't look professional.

You say you can't afford the repair costs or to even have the car collected because you need it for work, yet you have told them that you are selling it because you no longer need it for work as you have a van.

you are also saying they are lying and that you know the clutch hasn't gone, yet you can't provide anything to say why you know it hasn't gone. Take a look here and you will find a few A4's with less than 60k on that have had to have new clutches.

As Chris has said I'd get back onto Audi CS and see what else can be done. I take it you have checked the warranty paper work to make sure that clutches aren't covered by warranty? I'd hold back telling them that it isn't broke when you haven't got anything to prove it.

zollaf
04-06-2013, 08:36 AM
if you are losing 200 quid a day because you don't have a car, why not hire one. this would cost about 50 quid a day depending on what you get, so you would still be £150 up.
if you take audi to court you could also claim for your expenses so this hire car would affectively cost you nothing.

Doctle Odd
04-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Tip - NEVER raise your voice when talking to people like service managers and salesman it irritates them much more than shouting and you will come across as knowing what your talking about .

quattrodaddy
04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Tip - NEVER raise your voice when talking to people like service managers and salesman it irritates them much more than shouting and you will come across as knowing what your talking about .

Sounds like more to this than the original post.

If you buy a used car from Audi you pretty much have a manufacturer one year guarantee covering the same sort of things that you would get if you bought a new car from them.

Obviously wear and tear and consumables are another thing.

Have you tried taking it to a different Audi dealership and have them resolve the issue ?