PDA

View Full Version : Question Dashboard instrument replacement

atmaytum
28-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi

I am new to owning an audi and I was wondering if I could replace the original dashboard instrument unit with one with an actual trip computer in it. I have sourced a 2002 unit from an A6 1.9 tdi diesel and I was wondering if this unit can be swapped for the original and work. I am working under the pretence that audi built all the sensors and data collectors into all engines and the trim level dictated what dials you got on your dashboard. The car in question is a 1998 1.9tdi (110) b5.
Any help would be great

cheers
Arron

zx9
31-05-2013, 08:56 AM
I have just started using VCDS so am a novice in this area but I would have thought it would have been easier to change for another A4 -B5 dash from the same model year. This would still need to be coded to the vehicle possiblely including the imobiliser which may need the secret key code ( from Audi or an auto lock smith). Have a look at the Vehicle Diagnostics part of this forum and post a question there where it will stand more chance of getting noticed by those in the know.

Doctle Odd
31-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer)